Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I can bring my Wing everywhere I go when I travel with my American Eagle motorhome. I'm off to Zion, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Las Vegas, and whereever else my wife wants to go! I'm pulling the Jeep behind so the Wife and Kids have transportation.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Now that's the way to travel,have a great time and be safe.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
i often wondered if there was a rack system heavyduty enough to hold a wing

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Just one thought comes to mind: That's having your cake and eating it too. Eric

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
I wonder if I could fit a rack like that on my Camry????

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's made by HydraliftUSA and is good for 1200lbs. Larry, I did buy it used on Craigslist! I've been wanting to bring the Wing on my trips and now I can. The install took me almost a week as I had to fabricate/weld the mounts to the existing frame and keep it looking like a factory install.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I've seen scooters, mopeds, wheelchairs, crotch rockets and lots of bycicles on the back of motorhomes. Reckon it was only a matter of time before I saw a Wing there. Thanks for keeping the faith Dookoo. Enjoy man!

·
Registered
55 Posts
How much do these run if you dont mine me asking? My wife and I just bought an RV and have been wanting to get something like this to take the wing.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found it used on the internet for $2400. I believe they are $4k+ new plus installation. Not cheap. The way I looked at it, I could still tow my boat or vehicle and bring my Wing along. It beat buying a large trailer. I also have an attachment to carry my quad or my two dirt bikes. I can also use it for my sportbike on track days.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Dookoo great looking setup. The guys are all missing the big picture here though & I have to ask.

Do you & your family want to adopt a hard working older guy to travel around with.:D

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Dookoo great looking setup. The guys are all missing the big picture here though & I have to ask.

Do you & your family want to adopt a hard working older guy to travel around with.:D
To " adopt " would be easy: To " adapt " is where the hard working part comes into play.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
I would have driven your Wing and followed you wherever you went for just the cost of a room and meals....

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
I found it used on the internet for $2400. I believe they are $4k+ new plus installation. Not cheap. The way I looked at it, I could still tow my boat or vehicle and bring my Wing along. It beat buying a large trailer. I also have an attachment to carry my quad or my two dirt bikes. I can also use it for my sportbike on track days.
With all of those toys to play with, don't forget to scratch the dog's ear every once in awhile.

·
Registered
55 Posts
With all of those toys to play with, don't forget to scratch the dog's ear every once in awhile.
i know right! Dude is livin' the life!!! Congrats man!

My wife and I are working on it (i'm only 27) But We just got on older 89 Class C RV 26' and a trailer to haul our 95 GL1500...We are looking forward to our 4,000 mile trip in 8 days....I will post some pics, but currently we are leaving from Florida, going to Birmingham to Barber for the AMA Barber Motorsport Museum, then onto South Dakota for the Badlands, and Mount Rushmore, back south into Colorado for a few days for a family reunion in Coloarado Springs. I am going to have to take the Wing across the Royal Gorge bridge! Then we will start slowly working our way back home! It should be a pretty awesome 18 days!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like to live large and have the bills to prove it. Thanks for all the great comments. Here in Zion for the next few days

1 - 17 of 17 Posts