Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what his criteria is. He will never ride my baby. I just traded in a 2008 Concourse and I miss nothing. Especially do not miss the lack of tunes, cruise, and a seat that made you beg for forgiveness. This is the best riding experience I have had. The more I ride it, the more me likes:D

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
Three years later and I still say the same thing. Tell him it's only an old man's bike if you ride it like one.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
tell your buddy to buy you an exciting bike and you'll ride it

·
Registered
363 Posts
Boring?? A GoldWing boring?????

Well if he thinks a GoldWing is boring, I'd like to visit whatever planet he lives on!

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
Jealousy is all it is......Kill him with kindness & wave when you ride by him!

Mark

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just rode a Ducati Panigale this past weekend and while it was a very fun bike to ride (for a short time) I knew as soon as I got back on my 'Wing that's where I wanted to be. Boring? NOT!

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
I just rode a Ducati Panigale this past weekend and while it was a very fun bike to ride (for a short time) I knew as soon as I got back on my 'Wing that's where I wanted to be. Boring? NOT!
Tell me more of the Panigale....please. Was it all that like they say?:)

Mark

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tell me more of the Panigale....please. Was it all that like they say?:)

Mark
In a word: INCREDIBLE! So light weight, so much power and the electronics on the bike work sooooo wellll. This bike is basically a full on race bike made street legal. Not de-tuned like the manufacturers used to do in the old days but very civilized with regard to engine mangement, suspension control, traction control and abs control. Super light weight (don't forget I'm used to riding the 'Wing so anything under ohhhh 600 pounds is going to feel like a minibike. Handles like a racebike with firm, taut suspension (my riding buddy who's a sportbike guy says it was too stiff but I liked it) very "flickable" of course given it's pedigree but like most sportbikes I found my crotch constantly forced against the fuel tank. (more my fault than the bike's, not used to that riding position). Now the best part, the power. I wasn't really able to carve corners due to the traffic conditions on the roads I was on but once on the highway I let it rip (in RACE mode) and used the shift assist to it's fullest. I hit 130 MPH before I knew it without really trying. We then got onto a highway that has several lonnnnggggg straight sections and I hit 150 MPH and then ran out of room with plenty of throttle left to go. This bike is so smooth under power I really don't know how to describe it other than endless, smooth power that will cause a grin that stays for a week. My sportbike friend was also at a loss how to describe this bike and he's ridden them all! Not an everyday bike for a 56 year old 'Wing guy, but I'd love to do a track day with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just came from the world of sports touring and now ride a 2010 Wing. The ST1300 was a great bike and did offer a different experience than the wing in ride and performance ... To be honest I thought I was moving onto a more refined ride with a little less aggressiveness .... man was I wrong! Grab a handful of gas on this wing and the heart starts pumping at an alarming rate .... ye ha! The bride loves the improved comforts and I truly enjoy big power! Boring "NEVER"

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
I think most folks are amazed by the power and ride of a Goldwing, especially the 1800. It may not be the bike for everyone, but I've met very few folks that don't like it after they have taken a long ride on one. If you want to run around town, get a scooter. If you want to ride and see the country get a Wing....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sounds like a guy who can't afford a good bike and jealousy has reared its ugly head.
Bingo!!! It's like me telling my boss his Bentley is a boring, old man's car and how I much prefer my Chevy Nova.
I still own and ride my Suzuki C90T, but I'm not stupid enough to compare it any way to my Wing.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Three years later and I still say the same thing. Tell him it's only an old man's bike if you ride it like one.
Nothing wrong with ridding like an old man, White Wolf. :D. Even if you ride like an old man,its a motorcycle......NOT BORING! Esp the Wing,it has the ability to do so much so well. Some folks complain if they win the lotto :eek:

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Hahahaha, boring? "Fine stay the **** away and off of it then" (to your bud). Let me guess: his bike would do double duty as a paint can mixer at a stop light, it isn't about the power at all, things are different, and he works on it because he loves the way he gets in touch with his machine...:rolleyes: Been there done that, and all but a couple of my t-shirts are now in the garage for shop rags. Sorry if I hit a nerve with any of the Lakeshore fans we have that have or still ride both (me too remember?), but once in a while I do get very tired of the hype. Sport riders are often as bad or worse too, and BMW owners have to get their noses out of the clouds. The olny bike I ever rode that I'd even remotely consider boring would be a boxer twin and it's because the engine (although almost bullet-proof durable) is the most uninspiring excuse for an internal combustion engine on two wheels save perhaps a CBR125r or a Rebel parallel twin, both of which have less than 6 times the displacement. Let him ride pillion with me once and I'll guarantee he won't be bored for a second; and that's on the Wing not my SP! Tell him to bring a change of shorts though.:p

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
In a word: INCREDIBLE! So light weight, so much power and the electronics on the bike work sooooo wellll. This bike is basically a full on race bike made street legal. Not de-tuned like the manufacturers used to do in the old days but very civilized with regard to engine mangement, suspension control, traction control and abs control. Super light weight (don't forget I'm used to riding the 'Wing so anything under ohhhh 600 pounds is going to feel like a minibike. Handles like a racebike with firm, taut suspension (my riding buddy who's a sportbike guy says it was too stiff but I liked it) very "flickable" of course given it's pedigree but like most sportbikes I found my crotch constantly forced against the fuel tank. (more my fault than the bike's, not used to that riding position). Now the best part, the power. I wasn't really able to carve corners due to the traffic conditions on the roads I was on but once on the highway I let it rip (in RACE mode) and used the shift assist to it's fullest. I hit 130 MPH before I knew it without really trying. We then got onto a highway that has several lonnnnggggg straight sections and I hit 150 MPH and then ran out of room with plenty of throttle left to go. This bike is so smooth under power I really don't know how to describe it other than endless, smooth power that will cause a grin that stays for a week. My sportbike friend was also at a loss how to describe this bike and he's ridden them all! Not an everyday bike for a 56 year old 'Wing guy, but I'd love to do a track day with it.
Thanks so much, that put a big smile on my face......now just two words for you sir.......

Check mate!

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
yep sounds like jealousy to me

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
The only thing I can see as boring is the fact they last so long. One might get tired of it before it ever wears out!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.