Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
Nice ride, when you went through Liberal,Kansas you passed within 30 miles of my house in Oklahoma. Yep very flat from Wichita to Dalhart.

I liked your breakdown chart as well. Good job

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
You are an IBA Master....26. Well Done John

·
Banned
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice ride, when you went through Liberal,Kansas you passed within 30 miles of my house in Oklahoma. Yep very flat from Wichita to Dalhart.

I liked your breakdown chart as well. Good job
I chose that route as it is about 100 miles shorter than the "all freeway" route, and I knew it would be daylight. Going to KC I stayed on the freeway because I don't like night driving and two-lanes at night would be worse. Having driven it from Wichita to Tucumcari I would not do it again. Most of the way it is a fine road, but several slow downs and truly not much to see. I made good time and since I grew up in a tiny mid-west town there was much to consider as I passed through a few of them. It was like a trip back in time.

Next time I will probably take I-70 if the weather works, by far the fastest, and if it is cold I will take I-40. Worst comes to worst I can drop down and take I-10 to I-20 to I-35 but that is 2000 miles.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Very nice I like your format for presentation as well. You drove along my starting route for the four corners tour. Very impressive. Welcome to the site. Lee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.