Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on the road now, after a long delay in southern California to take care of a lot of matters.

Check out the website dedicated to the tour.

joejinky.com

Photos, Videos and Blog posts, as well as live GPS tracking of my bike and more.

I'm heading north on the west coast now. Then across the top of the USA before dropping down to Key West, then to Hot Springs, Arkansas before heading back to Kentucky. I left Kentucky on May 7th, but I've spent about six weeks here in southern California, helping friends and such. UGH! Now, I am finally on the road! :D

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Best wishes on your journey Joe. If you're around Kalispell on the w/e of August 11, there's a group of us getting together there for a few days.

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Wow, Joe, you set the bar HIGH! Not only the trip but a website and GPS tracking! Good luck on your adventure, and please let us know where you find FREE AMERICA!

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Ride safe and have a great time..

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
If you get up into the Northwest Corner of Washington we are in the phone book, give us a call.

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
Sounds like a good time. There are a few of us from the forum riding over the Highway 20 pass on Wednesday, July 18th, heading east. You are probably going to be already through the area though.

Pm me, as we can always have a cup of coffee while you are in the Seattle area. If you need a place to rest for the evening... I can assist with that and I can always find some time to ride along for some of your journey.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Nice Joe and I thought when I showed the wife my trip plans on a paper map I was doing good.

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
That'll be a great ride! I'll live vicariously through you. Be careful and see the country. It is a great one.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm stuck in Santa Cruz right now. The right shock on my Escapade Elite trailer failed. I'm going to call them tomorrow morning to see about getting two new shocks sent by FedEx ASAP. I don't have the time, or the tools for their "rebuild kit" and I can't wait around for two weeks to ship them out to be rebuilt. I hope I'll have two new shocks installed by Friday afternoon!

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
That's part of the adventure Joe. A little issue to deal with & then back on the road.:D

Have a safe trip.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Except for Harbor Freight Tools trailers, when a wheel bearing fails, one can go to any NAPA store or trailer supply house and get standard replacement parts to get back onto the road.

I never understand why a company such as "Progressive Suspension" uses proprietary seals and components in a product that will be traveling around the country, when they know they do not have a nationwide network of parts supply chains or service centers. They could use off-the-shelf seals and components, so that when this happens, I could walk into NAPA and get the parts and do the repair.

But, NOOOOO!!!! Their shocks are so special, you have to use theirseals! I wish I had known that. I would have purchased the "rebuild kits" before leaving, or had the shocks rebuilt prior to my departure.

I wonder how many Fords they wold sell, if the consumable components for the car you purchased are only available from the factory? :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.