Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife and I just purchased a 2012 ABS. I have been riding since I can remember. I have had way to many bikes over the years. The last two up bike I owed was a Victory Vision. I sold it when my wife decided to start riding her own. I bought a BMW R1200RT. This last summer we rented a Gold Wing and rode from San Francisco to Seattle. We enjoyed the Gold Wing. My wife really enjoyed it...so much she decided she did not want to ride anymore. Her bike Sold, my RT sold...2012 Wing in the garage. We are looking forward to putting some miles on the Wing. I am going to miss my RT, but as long as she is happy then we are ALL happy.

In the next few weeks all the silver will be removed and painted a Candy Orange.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=5000372570803&set=a.2210939316715.2129710.1344454636&type=3&theater

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the new Wing.
Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from way down south in rainy Texas. You're going to love riding two up on the Wing.

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF and congratulations on your fine looking Wing!

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
hello trucker g, welcome to GWOF. post a pic or two of your wing

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from another Keystoner, Greg. That is one sharp Wing you have.

As my friend from Va. pointed out there are a few of us that gather occasionally. Keep an eye out for some Breakfast/Ride meetings. One such meeting spot is Perkins in Gettysburg.

Enjoy the site & ride safe.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another Pa. boy. Congrats on the Wing.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Howdy from the Piney Woods of East Texas. Never rode a BMW however my sister has one in Boulder, Colorado and loves it. They're a great solo touring bike however my wife as my riding partner has been singing praises about our Wing ever since I got last year.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. A great ride you have there.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The best of luck and many enjoyable and safe miles ahead with your new Wing!

Wish I could hold up a two wheeler. I love my trike but I can just imagine how great a regular Wing is to ride! :)

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Welcome from the Keystone state. Ride safe and enjoy the forum. Stay tuned for information on spring rides...

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Welcome. PA is a Wing friendly state. Here's a picture of some Wings gathered up north of Harrisburg this past summer.
North of Harrisburg:eek:you could get in trouble up in them parts you know. :D welcome from another Pa. brother and you may just have to do a breakfast get togather with us all 1 should be soon I hope.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Welcome and glad you enjoy the Wing. RT...BMW? (Oops, just re-read the o/p...my reading skills are slipping) Em, did you say 'candy orange'? A certain Motor Company takes Goldwing flattery the wrong way at times:rolleyes::p
Not saying, just saying hehehe:D;)

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
I hope you will post some pictures of the bike when it gets painted. That orange and black should look pretty striking. Almost as good as red. Welcome from (the real heart of Dixie) Mississippi.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from a used to was Pa boy, now in the N.W..
Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Your story sport to wing is much the same as mine , you'll find a Wing does so much more ,but if your like me you'll never get over the sport bikes they are forever a fond memory.

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.