Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a GL1800 have Muth (or similar) replacement mirrors installed on thier bike? These are the ones with the turn signal indicator build into the glass.

How good do they work and what is visibility like from a cars perspective?

Thanks

Tom
06 GL1800

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I don't have them on my bike but have seen them on other Wings and they look great and are visible from the rear.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I installed the blue tinted Muths on my 2010 Wing. Awesome! LEDS are bright. Friends say they can see them very well when behind me. Install was easy. Note, the glass does not have the black plastic trim like the OEM mirrors, but they look fine without them. They also do not have the Warning Message printed on them like in the picture.
Got mine here.
http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/11431
Cheaper than buying one new mirror from Honda!
Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mirrors

Rob,

would you be interested in selling the stock mirror glass? I need a left side glass but would buy both so not to stick you with one.

Tom

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have them on mine, I love them. Cars see them just like any other car on the road

·
Registered
77 Posts
i have them installed on my stock mirrors. its not only that they shine for people behind you, its from the side also! helps out big time. keep on winginit rick

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Does anyone have a GL1800 have Muth (or similar) replacement mirrors installed on thier bike? These are the ones with the turn signal indicator build into the glass.

Thanks

Tom
06 GL1800
What's required for installation?? How long did it take?? What comes off and is it plug and play??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Muth Mirror install

What's required for installation?? How long did it take?? What comes off and is it plug and play??
For installation you need a good quality Phillips screwdriver. What comes off is the existing mirror glass. It is plug and play all the way; no cutting, stripping, or splicing. Installation is very easy and you will be glad you got them. Total time was about 30 minutes and that's with taking my time.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Blue Tint versus Chrome Tint

I installed the blue tinted Muths on my 2010 Wing. Rob
Rob...Do you find the blue tint to hinder you at night...granted it helps with headlight glare...but can you see images as clear with the blue tint versus the chrome mirrors...I am looking to change out my 2010 mirrors....

MarkH

·
Registered
77 Posts
For installation you need a good quality Phillips screwdriver. What comes off is the existing mirror glass. It is plug and play all the way; no cutting, stripping, or splicing. Installation is very easy and you will be glad you got them. Total time was about 30 minutes and that's with taking my time.
thanks for the explanation. my dealer put them on while i clean the parts hes got off my bike, for other accessories. so i surely couldnt explain it!!! i dont ever watch to learn, im just there, grabbin this, getting that, holding a part thats hooked by a wire so it doesnt scratch the paint!! we are on a first name basis!!! keep on winginit rick

·
Registered
154 Posts
The blue tinted mirrors are supposed to reduce glare. Hard to tell if they really do without being able to compare them to plain chrome mirrors side by side, but the blue looks neat (to me). The blue tint does not hinder the view at night. I can't say anything bad about these mirrors. Super easy to install. Only thing I suggest is you wrap the wires with black electrical tape when you install. The wires are yellow and green on mine and depending on how you route them, you may see a bit of the wire in the gap around the mirror (not that there is a big gap). Also note, these do not have black plastric trim like the OEM mirrors, but they look fine without it. I am very happy I got them.
Rob

·
Registered
217 Posts
we are on a first name basis!!! keep on winginit rick
Rick...I envy You...I wish we had a dealer up in WI that you could shoot the word with...our dealers are usually cranky and just want your money....keep that relationship going....

Safe Ride

·
Registered
77 Posts
Rick...I envy You...I wish we had a dealer up in WI that you could shoot the word with...our dealers are usually cranky and just want your money....keep that relationship going....

Safe Ride
oh yea! they are the only one who touch my baby! ive been doing business with them for almost 20 years. they are a great bunch of people. :D rick

·
Registered
1 Posts
muth mirrors

Thanks

Tom
06 GL1800
hi tom
i had blue muth mirrors on my 04 wing and got lots of comments off people riding behind me on how clear the indication was from them , they are more visible because they are unusual to be fitted on a bike , also the anti glare [ blue lens] is really good for night riding in particular . i am so impressed that i am getting some new ones for my 06 bike .--hope this helps . also if you have a UK bike you have to break into the indicator feed wire and put a connector on but if its a US spec the plug should be there . but even on a UK spec it takes a couple of minutes to fit one , just be careful not to drop the ne wor the old one when you undo the screw at the bottom ..would rec these to everyone -chris [UK]

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I've had tinted mirrors on several vehicles, and never had a visibility problem. I doubt a m/c would fair any worse.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was worried that the blue tint would decrease the view when there was not any glare, but they are great. Fits good the 2012.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Hi, these mirrors were the first items that I added to my new 2010 Wing
Install was a relaxed 1 hour without any complications.
To make up for the missing black trim I installed the chrome trim that I purchased from
WingStuff also.
Well worth the money, it enhances safety and improves the look of the bike.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts