Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Must have accessories?????

8K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Redfox 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am new to the forum and new to the Gold Wing world. I just purchased a new 2010 Wing with Satellite radio and Navi on it last night and will pick it up next week. I traded in an '09 Kawasaki Concours. I really need your opinions on the "must have" accessories you would recommend purchasing as I would like to get them installed before I pick it up. Any recommendations?

#2 ·
Contrats on the new Wing. Welcome to the Forum. You opened up a can of worms. You are going to get lots of suggestions. So, I guess I will start it off: Floor Boards, heal/toe shifter, Kuryakyn Luggage rack for the trunk, Honda spoiler light bar for the trunk, modulator for the rear trunk lights, modulator for the head lights, Running light strips for the trunk and saddle bags, Kuryakyn Arm rests with drink holder for the one on the back that thinks she is the Queen of Sheba, Baker built hand wings for under the mirrors, 2 piece stainless steel belly pan, Kuryakyn luggage rack bag, Intercom system in the helmets so the Queen of Sheba on the back can tell you where to go, Half cover (small/lighweight) so when you travel you can cover the bike at night, Lower Fog lights, Kuryakyn highway pegs, Kuryakyn floor boards foir the Queen with the fold up/down foot rest. I am sure I could go on with more, but should probably stop. An F4 +2 windshield would be nice to have (maybe one day soon). LOL lets see what others come up with !!

#5 ·
First, welcome to the forum from PA and congrats on your new Wing purchase. When I bought my 2009 I had the dealer install the following:

LED Fog lights
12V outlet
Rear Spoiler
Trunk rack

#7 ·
Check with Joe In Calf, he just sold his Wing and got one. He loves it...

#8 ·
Welcome to the forum Ski. It's scary how much of the mentioned stuff I have on mine (you guys been reading my mind when I ain't lookin?). Commander K Joe's our resident Connie expert (he loves his) and I rode a C12 once I thought was pretty nice. The 14 is faster than my STwas, but I liked the feel of the ST better (just my fit and preference).

#9 ·
Ski
I got a 2010 in January
You asked about dealer add ons......
I did Fog lights, from the dealer....and plug outlet
Other than that you might consider a spoiler

Dont get....the warranty or extra headset (too$$$)
the rest of the stuff everyone is talking about is after market.

#11 ·
Welcome. Highway pegs and backrest seem to get priority for most of us, but those two items are simple to install and with the choices out there you might want to shop for ones that appeal to you or others might recommend. Some add-ons require removing and or drilling through body panels to install ( spoiler, truck rack ), so those who shy away from drill bits may want to give the task to others.

This post has been deleted
#13 ·
The Connie is a great bike. I still have my '02 model, and ride it in addition to the GW. Different riding style and enjoyable. The bike is a bit tall/top heavy and I can relate very well to the loose sand/gravel problems because I am also 5' 9". The Connie and GW will be stable mates for a long time.

#12 ·
Although I bought the GW last July, I am just getting around to adding some things I think are important to safety:
Hondaline rear spoiler http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/29/
Trailblazer brake modulator http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/743_tailblazer_rear_brake_running_spoiler_modulator
Mirror mounted LED turn signals http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/127/
LED front reflector conversion
Stealth running lights
Total cost from WingStuff is $572, and still debating with the wife on the lower cowl running light, but I think they are very important although expensive (what isn't on the GW?).

I have also added the Ergo II highway peges and also added a cup holder after riding in 105 degree temps.

#14 ·
I agree w Chopin. If you want a luggage rack or a trunk handle or a rear spoiler, all 3 require drilling consider having the dealer do it. If you're looking for my opinion on the very first 'must haves' those would be fog lights, highway pegs, and Utopia backrest..... In that order. And congrats on the new bike :)

#15 ·
But drilling a hole in a brand new bike gets your adrenaline and heart going.... It's only plastic and if you mess up, all you have to do is hand over a little plastic card to the dealer and he/she will replace the part. ;) It is listening to your significant other tell you "I told you to take it to the dealer" that is hard (from experience).

#17 ·
Ski - All kinds of good suggestions here and I know there is a "need" to dress it up a little. I wish I had talked and saw more bikes before I started adding by stuff. One thing I got for the Misses was a mirror and light that mounted inside the trunk. It is useless because she would have to get down on her knees. Since my first run of adding a bunch of stuff, I have gone to the plan of seeing it in action and then adding and that is why I am adding headlight modulator and air deflectors this year. (For a start)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.