Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm in Ohio and I've noticed a couple of things...

1. Most Harley riders here in the Dublin/Columbus area ride without helmets by a HUGE margin over those that put a brain-bucket on. Smaller group are those on non-Harleys that also choose to ride without.

2. Goldwings are few and far between.

3. ATGATT is damn near unknown. Tshirts and jeans are almost derigeur.

4. I miss the mountains. Too flat and no twists to speak of. No wonder there were so many bikes in western WV yesterday!

If you want to see my ride and pictures from yesterday, there is a link in my blog- http://rapier-goldwing.blogspot.com

I'll post tomorrow's ride home after I get home, unload, shower and have a drink stronger than soda (not in that particular order, I'm sure!!)

Sent from my iPhone because I'm on the road somewhere!

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Damn, will have to correct that linked page this evening. Will advise when it is done.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
We're waiting....

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, all set. Sorry for the delay!!

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's neat. Are the pictures synced pretty close with your route line location ?
Yes, fairly much. They were taken with my iPhone which keeps the lat/long info with the pic. Works without me having to maintain a list of what pic was taken where.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
What an age we live in. I'm being commandeered by Vickie today to ride around with her ( car ) doing real estate stuff. If I can get out of it I'll change the clutch fluid. Going to be a hot one here today according to " them ".

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's hoping that Vicky doesn't tie ya up all day, Lee.

Wait until you see the spot track for today. Been on a GPS adventure since entering WV. I think I heard banjo music there for a while! Have seen deer, groundhog and wild turkey crossing the road in front of me and still have well over 200 miles to go. I love this country and my Goldwing.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
It's like watching a sloooow motion video game. " Which way will Mike go " ? Your in Cumberland , MD as I'm viewing this. I wondered how you were going to return. I had thought you might head south by southeast out of Columbus. Now I know. P.S. Clutch fluid is done. Quick, Mike! Turn right onto Rt.51 and come through Paw Paw. Hello! Hello ! It's time to get you Bluetooth .

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The blog has been updated and a spot page set up with the results from the return trip.

Yeah, it was a different way home, but the GPS lost its mind around Columbia and I resorted to the roads I knew. The GPS wanted me to go through DC to get home and I was not going to do that on the evening at the end a three day weekend!

Bluetooth?!?? Hey, I got the bike to get away to/from the world, not to invite it along real time! I thnk that's one option that I'll pass on.

Sure am glad to be home to sleep in my own bed...

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I was here at the Command Station planning your route. I wanted you to take 51 out of Cumberland and the back roads down to Winchester and 81. I would have had you in your own bed sooner and on a road you have yet to travel. But no, Odysseus is lured by the G.P.Siren's seductive voice.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maestro, you of all should know that it is the troops in the field that make the command decisions that matter... hehe

I actually wanted to stay off 81 and 70 as much as possible. I think I was on 70 for about 5 or 6 miles total, so I did a pretty decent job of staying off the interstates as much as I could. But I paid for it with time - 13+ hours. Still an enjoyable trip.

Pictures will be posted to the spot map shortly... Even updated my sig map before going to bed. That was *much* more impartant than sleep! ;-)

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
OK guys I'll bite, where's the pics? Dialogue is fine, but two way dialogue about something that ain't visible is kinda like a silent movie in reverse:(
I feel like a mushroom:confused:

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The OP had this address in it: http://rapier-goldwing.blogspot.com. There are entries there that have the individual links to the Spot Adventure pages that I've created since I started using the Spot2 tracker. Those pages have the track I took and a few pictures I took along the way.

BTW, using an iPhone isn't the greatest camera, but I *love* the fact that when you upload the pictures to the Spot Adventures site, it already knows where the picture was taken as the lat/long info is recorded and stored in the picture! Much, much easier than having to keep track of where each picture was taken manually.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
OK guys I'll bite, where's the pics? Dialogue is fine, but two way dialogue about something that ain't visible is kinda like a silent movie in reverse:(
I feel like a mushroom:confused:
It's simple " shroom ". Click on the link:http://rapier-goldwing.blogspot.com On the right side of the page under " Blog Archive" click on " 2011 (4) " . This will open a similar looking page where Mike is describing this and that on a particular days ride. Within that soliloquy is a yellow hyper link word or words. That link will open the Spot Tracker Google map page. You're on your own from there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts