Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my last trip to Mt Gambier I road down there on my CB250RS Honda. But what I didn't tell you about was the return trip was on my brothers CB250RR. If I was to give a ride report on the return trip you would have called me a Whinger or maybe a Wimp. I brought his bike back to do the carbs and now it is time to take it back to him.
The weather report for the trip down is: 80% chance of rain and to make it a real short story the return was 100% rain. My riding gear is made by DRY RIDERS but let me tell you they lied. They should have been called Wet Riders.
Hopefully I have I have a dry ride most of the way.
Eric

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
I won't call you a Wimp. Anybody that rides the Outback can't be called a Wimp.

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
On my last trip to Mt Gambier I road down there on my CB250RS Honda. But what I didn't tell you about was the return trip was on my brothers CB250RR. If I was to give a ride report on the return trip you would have called me a Whinger or maybe a Wimp. I brought his bike back to do the carbs and now it is time to take it back to him.
The weather report for the trip down is: 80% chance of rain and to make it a real short story the return was 100% rain. My riding gear is made by DRY RIDERS but let me tell you they lied. They should have been called Wet Riders.
Hopefully I have I have a dry ride most of the way.
Eric
Won't get me to call you Wimp either Mate. You have my upmost respect. Plus you're bigger than me.:D;)

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
Careful Eric, you'll be all rode out before you get to the States.

·
Registered
674 Posts
That's a long ride on a 250. If your were a whimp when you left you wouldn't be one when you got there.

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
Rain on the wing isn't too bad as long as it isn't cold. As it is late fall there I'm betting it wasn't very pleasant. Anybody who gets on a bike in all kinds of weather can't be called a wimp.

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
Rain on the wing isn't too bad as long as it isn't cold. As it is late fall there I'm betting it wasn't very pleasant. Anybody who gets on a bike in all kinds of weather can't be called a wimp.
Would he be called a, Hoon :rolleyes::D

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you take the real meaning to a "Hoon".
A Hoon is someone that is miss behaving on the road in a car or motorbike. Someone that is doing a burnout or speeding. We have a "Hoon" law over here where they take your car away for "Hooning".
I did my "Hooning" on the track with 4 doors and there are sometime's when if caught I could be done for "Hooning". (Any speed over 20 mph over the posted speed is "Hooning".
For me "The Hoon", relates more to the mischief:D side to my nature and not so much to the meaning above.
A bit like we call someone that tall, "Tiny ......" or you call someone that is skinny, "Fatty .........":confused:
Hopefully I have not confused you more than you were.
Eric

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I did get to ride my brother's 250 R to Mt Gambier and it was a lot of fun. The ride started at 8:30 am and I road to my brothers (my youngest brother) place on the other side of town. He was going to ride part of the way with me for a bit of a ride. Zed is captain slow of the family and it can be hard to get him going sometimes. To my surprise he was ready for me. Zed said he knew a quick way to the river but somehow it was slower but not to worry I did enjoy the roads. Lots of high speed corners mixed with some tight corners throwen in. Lots of fog through the first part of the road. I didn't stop to take the photo but there was a sign that said,"water over the road".
First photo and second photo is Frosty's bike
Third & Four photo's (water over the road)
Eric

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
Water over the road:eek: Looks more like "River over the Road"
:rolleyes:
Will try to keep you High and Dry in the States.

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
I was going to say "Road under the Water". Where is the ferry?

Thanks for the Hoon definition. I got it now. Rarely play the Hoon myself although the few times I get up to 100 mph to see how it feels qualifies. My Yamaha has been to 115 and the Honda 105. Not as fast as they will go, just as fast as I was willing to go.

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts

Thanks for the Hoon definition. I got it now. Rarely play the Hoon myself although the few times I get up to"100 mph to see how it feels qualifies. My Yamaha has been to 115 and the Honda 105. Not as fast as they will go, just as fast as I was willing to go.
:eek:Yikes, over 35 mph and I get all nerves:rolleyes:
:D:D

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Water over the road:eek: Looks more like "River over the Road"
:rolleyes:
Will try to keep you High and Dry in the States.
Yes it is a ferry crossing but for some reason to someone in the road works they put up a sign 'water over the road. My guess is someone ended up in the river. At the time I thoguht it was funny.
When we were crossing the river I thought I would put the tank onto reserve as I had covered 85 miles and I am not sure how far the main tank would take me. It is only 30 miles to the next town. Can you imagine my surprise when it goes 'burr burr'and stops. NO GAS. DAM.
Zed is going in to town to get Gas.
1/ Here I sit with no Gas
2/ While I wait I walk down to get a photo of this sign.
3/ Boredom sets in
4/ Lunch stop

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Thanks for the Hoon definition. I got it now. Rarely play the Hoon myself although the few times I get up to 100 mph to see how it feels qualifies. My Yamaha has been to 115 and the Honda 105. Not as fast as they will go, just as fast as I was willing to go.
Yep, over here if caught at those speeds you are a 'Hoon".
Eric

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
Picture #1 looks like miles and miles of miles and miles.
" #3 Looks like Sos :confused:
" #4 Looks like more miles and miles of miles and miles.

#2 I haven't a Clue ???

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Picture #1 looks like miles and miles of miles and miles.
" #3 Looks like Sos :confused:
" #4 Looks like more miles and miles of miles and miles.

#2 I haven't a Clue ???
Photo 1 is miles and miles when out of gas
Photo 2 is promoting the area called the coorong
Photo 3 is SOS for more gas
photo 4 is looking looking over Lake Albert for our lunch stop

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
Fun Stuff Eric.

I really like Frosty's CBR.:cool:

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am sorry to draw this out, but I have had a busy day. After lunch I still had 200 miles to go and the days are short.
So with a bit of haste I set off and checking the white fluffy stuff. It didn't look too good and wasn't long and down it came. My new jacket was great but my Nordic Glove and riding pants were wet.
Take shelter Eric, take shelter. So I did. No-one is going to know are they. It wasn't bad either. This is overlooking the Coorong.
Eric

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The rest of the trip to Mt Gambier was uneventful. The 'roos were everywhere and yes it rained for the last 30 minuites.
Frosty came out and road the last 30 minuites with me.
The next morning I put my wet gloves and set off. It was a cold, cold -2c and the wet gloves were just great.
That little CB250RS ran great at 60-65 mph into a 15 mph head wind. It did know how to drink the gas at 48 mpg. The first gas stop was at Kingston. Kingston is the home of Larry the lobster (Thanks Chopin) Eric

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts