Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an 08 GL1800 Goldwing and want to put an MP3 player on it. I see Wingstuff has a unit for sale at $93.99. Does anybody have experience with an MP3 player on your Goldwing? Is it necessary to buy the software for it? It's another $24.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
That unit that you are talking about lets you control the MP3 by using the handlebar controls for the Honda CB unit. You can just get an MP3 player or IPOD and plug it into the AUX connector in the left fairing pocket and let it play that way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That unit that you are talking about lets you control the MP3 by using the handlebar controls for the Honda CB unit. You can just get an MP3 player or IPOD and plug it into the AUX connector in the left fairing pocket and let it play that way.
Hooking up a sattalite radio in the AUX connector. That's why I was looking at this set up for the MP3.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Mr Joe What is the name of that unit I did not know That there was something out there that would let you control your mp3 by using the CB controls I always had to fumble with the mp3 and try to keep the bike on the road. That is why I like this site you always learn something

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
I have a Ipod Nano that I have plugged into the Aux plug in the front pocket. I put it on shuffle and let it play. Works for me..

·
Registered
157 Posts
It does not use the CB controls it uses the CD controls. It is plug and play. Goes in the trunk where the CD would go. It is made my J&M (there is also a bikerMP3, which is the same thing except the color). I have 1 and love it. I liked it so much I got 1 for my cousin and now he loves it. It holds 10 X 99 songs. Your controls control it completely except you do not have the random. It has great volume and quality sound. Takes about 30 min. to install. uses either a SD card or thumb drive. A good mp3 player will cost that much and you do not have all the control or quality it has.

just a thought

dd

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It does not use the CB controls it uses the CD controls. It is plug and play. Goes in the trunk where the CD would go. It is made my J&M (there is also a bikerMP3, which is the same thing except the color). I have 1 and love it. I liked it so much I got 1 for my cousin and now he loves it. It holds 10 X 99 songs. Your controls control it completely except you do not have the random. It has great volume and quality sound. Takes about 30 min. to install. uses either a SD card or thumb drive. A good mp3 player will cost that much and you do not have all the control or quality it has.

just a thought

dd
Did you buy the unit that Wingstuff has on sale right now for $93.99? The reviews say there are problems with the player staying on when the ignition is turned off and draining the battery. Have you experienced that?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Did you buy the unit that Wingstuff has on sale right now for $93.99? The reviews say there are problems with the player staying on when the ignition is turned off and draining the battery. Have you experienced that?
Yes this is the 1. it is the JMJMGL1800. The only way it could possibly drain your battery is if it were to sit long term without a battery trickle charge. It only draws around .8 mili amps when the switch is off. If you get the VIP membership it is only around $83.XX You should not let the bike sit long term with a trickle charge any way.

My cousin and I have had ours for a few weeks now without any issues. I have 3 bikes so the GW may sit a week at a time without being rode.
Hope this helps

dd

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes this is the 1. it is the JMJMGL1800. The only way it could possibly drain your battery is if it were to sit long term without a battery trickle charge. It only draws around .8 mili amps when the switch is off. If you get the VIP membership it is only around $83.XX You should not let the bike sit long term with a trickle charge any way.

My cousin and I have had ours for a few weeks now without any issues. I have 3 bikes so the GW may sit a week at a time without being rode.
Hope this helps

dd
Thank you. It helps.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm sorry, I said CB but i ment CD control, here is the unit
http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/29640_J_M_Honda_GL1800_Digital_Music_Player_Changer
Winger 08
if you get an upper level Garmin GPS they have MP3 players and XM radio in them. Everything you need in one device.
This is true but how many are going to spend $1,000 for a gps. I won't.
Biggest reason, the way Garmin is changing the zumo series gps's and will stop support for many because they come out with a new 1. That is not the way to run a business. i am very happy with my garmin 2610 that only cost me $200. XM sucks anyway. Loss of signal, talk too much. I can remove/install my 2610 in about 30 seconds.

just a thought

dd

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can not view all 10 CDs

I have the J&M MP3 player connected to my 08 and it sounds good. Problem is that it will only display CDs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. When I get to CDs 7,8,9 or 10 it shows "NO DISC". I have less than 99 songs on each track and it will display the CD and track from only the first 6 folders (CDs). I can play all the songs on 7 through 10 but I don't know where they are playing from I get no CD or track information. Anyone have this issue?

Dadbo
GWRRA, ALR, RFTW
Rolling Thunder, Green Knights

·
Registered
15 Posts
music player

I am running the J&M unit and have run an extension UBS to the front left storage box so I can change out the Sd card easier and not have to dig in the trunk to do so ,and the unit is working great,now if I could just get all my music recorded!!! over 4000 vinyls and RR tapes oh well the first 2 Sd cards are great

1 - 13 of 13 Posts