Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 Aspencade. With my size, I tend to squeeze my wife on the passenger seat. I cannot use my back rest because it is too close to her. Is there a way, without major modifications to shift the trunk back a couple of inches? I think this would clear this problem for me.
Appreciate any help given. I seen someone on one of the forums say he had done his, but can't find it to ask him how. Any information?
Thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have a 96 also and I have seen the kits for moving the trunk back for a 1200 but Im not sure about 1500 you might find the kit on e-bay I plan on looking my self. Haql

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 96 also and I have seen the kits for moving the trunk back for a 1200 but Im not sure about 1500 you might find the kit on e-bay I plan on looking my self. Haql
I will give that a shot; If you find something, please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
there is no kit to move the trunk back on a 1500 wing but i just read of some guy doing it on another forum. i'll see if i can find it again

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you detdrbuzzard. No kit, may have to get some fabrication done. I will be watching to see if you can find that.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I am 6ft. 3 in . tall and weigh 370 lbs. and i have a 96 1500 se. and luckily i don't have a problem with the wife behind me . I sit against my backrest and make myself comfortable and she says she is just fine . I was wondering is there any difference in the seats on the 96 1500 ? I have the factory seat on mine .

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
I am 6ft. 3 in . tall and weigh 370 lbs. and i have a 96 1500 se. and luckily i don't have a problem with the wife behind me . I sit against my backrest and make myself comfortable and she says she is just fine . I was wondering is there any difference in the seats on the 96 1500 ? I have the factory seat on mine .
I do not believe there is any difference Santini. I have a friend who has a 96' & it was the same as my 95'.

Maybe the difference is your little wife?:D:D;)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't mention my wife. She is not a tiny person either. That is probably the difference. Not sure. Now that I have the brake situation fixed, it might give me a bit more room. Will check that out today. Need to find something, as I want her comfortable also.

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
I didn't mention my wife. She is not a tiny person either. That is probably the difference. Not sure. Now that I have the brake situation fixed, it might give me a bit more room. Will check that out today. Need to find something, as I want her comfortable also.
You may want to keep the wife off this forum Jack.:D;)

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
This certainly looks like an interesting project. If I needed it I would give it a try.

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
i have no need to move my trunk on the 1500 either as i hardly ever have a passenger but i do have the trunk relocation kit on the 1200 wing

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You may want to keep the wife off this forum Jack.:D;)
Fortunately the forums don't interest her. Lucky Me. But that is the truth. We together are just a bit more than the seat and trunk were meant for. This guy at "Twisted Custom Cycle" says he can fix the moving the trunk. I also received directions from another guy that did do it. Too much for my capacities, so as soon as I save up my pennies, Twisted Custom Cycle will fix it for me. lol.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, she is in the shop again. Put it in last Friday to get a new brake pedal assy fabricated and installed. That has worked out fantastic, put it back in last night to have the trunk moved back 21/2 to 3 in. I have found from you all, there is no kit, and have been given great instructions on how some of you did it. However, Having absolutely no equipment, knowledge, skill or know-how to accomplish what you all did, I took your info to my motorcycle shop and he is doing it hopefully today. I will take pictures and show the results when I get it back. Thanks so much for all your input.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Picked her up today. Trunk moved 2 7/8 in. Has a couple of cosmetic things I need to work on. Will post pictures tomorrow on what it looks like now, then again when I get the cosmetics fixed.

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
Looking forward to the pics Jack.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got the trunk moved. Went to pick it up yesterday. Have to admit, it took my breath away, but overnight thinking has me much better. On tuesday, making a leather covered sponge gizmo, which will fill in above the seat and fill the openings on the sides where it had to be cut. The leather will come over the sides a half inch or so to cover and look natural. Here are pictures now, will post again when complete. Did put the wife on, with the back rest installed. She now can ride behind the backrest comfortably, and her legs are now closer in so there is much less strain on her hips. Gonna try a 100 to 150 miler with her and see how she feels. Ok, here are the pics. As you can see the gap in the back of the seat and both cut outs on each side. Also have to do a little leather cleaning. Hope this works out.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts