Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making the move to Chattanooga. My wife and I are ready for a new adventure this time without kids. It will take me a few weeks to get situated and a few more to more to bring down my bikes. Living out of a hotel and then rental till we find a home means putting the bikes up under covers. My bikes rarely stay out side unless we are traveling. But I will do what I must. Are there any one close I am looking for some riding partners when the time comes to show me the area.

·
Premium Member
7,191 Posts
Good Luck with your move. I live a couple hours from Chattanooga. Great Place.....

·
Premium Member
17,134 Posts
Might look into The local chapter of the Gold Wing Road Rider Association (GWRRA). They can be a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
23,763 Posts
" Rigginray " just recently moved from the hills of Vermont to the coastal plains of Va Beach and you did the reverse. Some of us members here have an impromptu ride and meet planned this spring somewhere in the eastern hills of TN. Keep your ear close to the forum for the dates. I was down to Va Beach area twice this past summer and you could have shown me some of the area. It's all happening on the forum. You won't get this info on Fox News.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Good luck in your move. If I didn't have so many years invested in my job I would move south also.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Hope all goes well. Good Luck & ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
congrats and good luck with the move. its been twenty years since my last visit but chattanooga was a nice place then

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
Hope things go smootly for you MFox. Moves can be fun or frightening, so we're holding for the fun team!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Wish I could make the move down south .Did it once,came back. Son got married and now I have a 2 year old Granddaughter and another due in February. But some day .Good luck With your move its an adventure enjoy it. Ride safe

·
Registered
36 Posts
Making your move

I am making the move to Chattanooga. My wife and I are ready for a new adventure this time without kids. It will take me a few weeks to get situated and a few more to more to bring down my bikes. Living out of a hotel and then rental till we find a home means putting the bikes up under covers. My bikes rarely stay out side unless we are traveling. But I will do what I must. Are there any one close I am looking for some riding partners when the time comes to show me the area.
---------------------

I'm in the Chattanooga area, have a 2012 Goldwing. Married, retired police officer, love to ride. Maybe we can meet with the wife's and have a meal and a visit... email is [email protected] if interested in riding...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I moved down from Long Island about 15 years ago. Then it was a good move for many reasons. But the last influx of migrants from all over the country, at least in NC, have driven up prices on everything. The only thing you really save on these days is Real Estate. Food is taxed, gas is taxed heavily, unemployment is an issue, you pay (increasing) yearly taxes on all your vehicles which offsets the insurance savings. Ive also noticed a very high increase in crime and litter.

Many of my work colleagues; I work as a Network Engineer for Verizon, who have lost their jobs are moving back to their home States because jobs are becoming harder to find as large companies cut staff. Locally, the big tech companies IBM, AT&T, CISCO, Verizon and probably a few Im forgetting lay off, basically, quarterly.

My wife is an RN at UNC hospital. They arent laying off people but they arent replacing those who have left. She started with 4 patients per nurse .... now ... 8 per nurse !!!

My brother moved down here about 4 years ago. I was just talking to him while having dinner for my Dads birthday. He and his wife said basically that living here compared to Long Island is a wash. He too referred to the Real Estate savings.

Basically I see all the issues and difficulties here that I experienced in NY ... maybe to a lesser degree .. but nonetheless, the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts