Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: YES it can be done :cool: ....I drilled into a $20,000 bike...cut a brand new seat....and survived....IT LOOKS GREAT...! :)

I attached some pic below...

ADDED:
Floor Boards; Toe-Heal Shifter; Rear Spoiler with a cool light strip that has both running, brake and turn signals :cool: ; luggage rack and yes the Utopia back rest.....

Not sure which was hardest, drilling the holes (nervous) for the rack or cutting away the leather and foam on the seat for the backrest....

As I started into the project my wife came out into the gargage and gave inspiring words...."you are going to be able to put that bike back together....?"...I said with caution..."I hope so...."

Now for the bad news :(...last night when I was wiping down the bike before todays first ride with all of the equipment installed I noticed the luggage rack was damaged...see pic...the chrome was separating from the metal rack.....Called wingstuff. told them the story about how I had the rack for several weeks but could not install it until the spoiler arrived (arrived on Tuesday this week)....THUMBS UP TO WING STUFF :) .. they are replacing the luggage rack....I can only hope the holes match up... :eek:....

It took about 7 hours total to install everything....the key to drilling was...brand new drill bits....slow slow slow slow...measured 32 times cut only once....I feel like a kid in the candy store....

Leaving next week Thursday for Des Moine IA... for WingDing....will hit the smokes this fall....Alaska next year....

Having fun!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
It's a Kury. rack and they are known for bad chrome jobs, the replace rack should be the same kind so the leg holes will match up.,

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nice work! The only thing I've dared to install on mine is bolt-on accessories (Iso pegs, Kury drink holder and Muth LED mirrirs). I tend to draw the line at drilling holes or tapping into the electrical system for 12V enhancements (unless they're plug-n-play).

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Don't mean to hijack the thread but Radarsdad I just sent you a private message.

Thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
That is the best back rest I have seen yet. I don't like the others but this one I would consider getting. Utopia backrest hah. I will remember that one when the time comes. I am also going to get the luggage rack and cup holder before next season. I saw a cup holder on a Wing at Laconia that looked different than the others. He did not have it on the handle bars like most of em. He had it going into the heating vent on the left side. Nice and out of the way... I like that.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
We're sooooo proud of you. Takes a lot of guts to do that first plunge... Everything looks great. When I need a hole in my Wing I know who to call. Ride safe..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts