Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing a GPS for my 1999 Wing. The motorcycle mount that comes for that unit is for a traditional motorcycle handle bar (similar to a bicycle handlebar), being a round metal tube. Please let me know if anyone knows of a product that I can use to mount a GPS to a Wing.

·
Banned
4 Posts
I am purchasing a GPS for my 1999 Wing. The motorcycle mount that comes for that unit is for a traditional motorcycle handle bar (similar to a bicycle handlebar), being a round metal tube. Please let me know if anyone knows of a product that I can use to mount a GPS to a Wing.
RamMount makes one and motorcycle larry makes a nice one you can google them to get the web sites

·
Registered
4 Posts
GPS Mount

I have a Garmin 4.5" Gps unit and i bought all the mounting cradle and handle bar mounts from "Ram-mount.com" and they work great!

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Ram Mount is the ultimate, I have one for my GPS and one for my cell phone, picked them up from motorcycle Larry.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Check out Sierra Electronics. They sell packages dedicated to specific GPS units with all accessories. I've used them before, excellent service. They have Goldwing specific mounts that use the brackets used to bolt on the clutch and brake assemblies. With those mounts, you don't have the big knob sticking off the top of your handlebars that you would have with the ram mounts. If you look at Tony's picture, you'll see the two bolts I'm talking about in the lower left hand corner.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Welcome from Florida,Brudog.Check out Cyclegadgets.com,they have the Ram system,and others.I bought a Tech.Mount from them,love it.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
i have the mid bar mount,by far the best,i hated the ram mount,can get it at goldwingcountry.com

Attachments

·
Banned
31 Posts
I recently purchased my first GoldWing.....2010 Black!!! I would like to add extended foot pegs since I have very long legs....When ordering from a catalogue, how do you know what size shape etc is best since you really can't see them up close without first buying and then being dissatisfied...Any suggestions???

·
Super Moderator
9,879 Posts
Hi Bob and welcome to the forum from the Keystone state and congrats on your new Wing. What dealer did you buy it from? I have the Kurykan Ergo II pegs with the short arms. I'm only 5'9" with a 29" inseam, and they work really well for me. I'm sure others on here have other models and types and they will chime in shortly. Enjoy your wing and ride safe..

·
Banned
30 Posts
I want the same mount you have!

i have the mid bar mount,by far the best,i hated the ram mount,can get it at goldwingcountry.com
you have the mount I am looking for my 2010 model.
I went to the site you recommended, but I could not find the mid-bar mount in your picture.
I only found the round bar mounts.
can you remember the part # or make and model?
thanks for your help.
dale

·
Premium Member
162 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Here is the ultimate mount for the 1500:

It's waterproof, connects to your helmet headset via bluetooth and gives you GPS instructions. Also works as a phone, web browser, MP3 player, and whatever else you want from it. I also charge it from the bike while driving, keeping it waterproof and functional.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
GPS mount

Thanks for the reply, but I have made one kinda like this except I have to plug into cig lighter in fairing.
But it works great and looks fine.

·
Registered
68 Posts
ram mounts works but is a "one size fit all" kinda approach. I have yet to see any other mounts than mine that is waterproof AND functional at the same time. It comes with a strap that works on the handlebar on the 1500.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts