Honda Goldwing Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hey, NJ Mike. I have the same bike you have, but it’s not a trike. So I’m not gonna be able to help you out. After thinking about it, this was a pretty stupid response and wasted effort to your question? Sorry, my bad.
So, you posted this anyway, knowing it was stupid and wasted. I luv it. Actually, I see a lot of posts where someone is asking for help but doesn't get it in many replies. I trully believe many folks like to see their thoughts or name in print. Now to try and answer the question. I visited Motor Trike one summer and test drove one of their trikes. I did not like it. It was not because of anything how it was built, etc. It was the way the trike handled. It needed to be muscled in the turns. The country road of which Motor Trike as addressed was and maybe still is a two lane well paved but with a high center crown for water run-off. I found the trike always wanted to drift to the right taking effort to hold it straight on the road. This was 20 years ago. I'm now 74 and still riding my 2005 and enjoying it even more.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That’s an interesting observation, TmDILL. I guess on a 2-wheeler you automatically lean to compensate? Did the trike you rode have the extended rake option?

·
Super Moderator
8,118 Posts
Best thing to do before putting down the $$$ is to test ride all the trikes out there before making a decision. Long wheelbase trikes give a smoother ride as does independent suspension. A rake kit is a must and most are 6*.

·
Registered
2021 DCT Tour Metallic Black
4,366 Posts
I would reply, but I don’t want to sound stupid again. So I will not just say anything!

·
Registered
2021 DCT Tour Metallic Black
4,366 Posts
Yes, just went to my therapist. He said I wasn’t that stupid? Don’t say anything or something? Just let it go…

·
Super Moderator
8,118 Posts
All the conversion manufacturers have a dealer network listed on their website and if there are any shops near you. It would be rough if you lived in the town of Lovington and there is very little, this town has the basics.

·
Registered
2021 DCT TOUR
21 Posts
I live in NW NJ. I would like to take a look at a Goldwing trike conversion. I’m especially interested in the Motortrike conversion kit. If anyone has one within reasonable distance and wouldn’t mind showing it to me, please let me know!

Thanks!
Mike
I ride a '21 Tour Gold Wing and have just ordered a Roadsmith trike kit. It will be installed by Haus of Trikes in Ft Myers, fl. Last march at Daytona Bike Week I looked at several and road one, Hannigan. I didn't particularly like the turning as many others have said but I have come to know that after 50 years of leaning I have to make a decision on weather or not I am going to ride two up. I'm 69 and 850lbs plus 2 riders it is becoming a confidence thing on whether I can guarantee my wife that I won't have a whoops in the driveways and parking lots. She loves to ride as much as I do so if we want to continue I'm going to have to learn to ride on 3 wheels. I'm recently on a trike forum trying to see what I can learn and that has been helpful so I can maybe cut the learning curve a little. It's a tough decision to make this move and just as tough on which Trike Kit to get and after all my research I decided on the Roadsmith. I do have a phone and email from the manufacturer who seems to be more than willing to answer the questions from a new dude like me, he sent me the pic. Good luck with it, and if you are interested in calling or emailing this contact I have , reach out.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in NW NJ. I would like to take a look at a Goldwing trike conversion. I’m especially interested in the Motortrike conversion kit. If anyone has one within reasonable distance and wouldn’t mind showing it to me, please let me know! Thanks! Mike
Mike, I’m not close by, but would be happy to chat or do a zoom. I have a 2018 DCT MotorTrike conversion. [email protected] Salt Lake City Utah

·
Administrator
29,797 Posts
IH54 and I agree. The problem, of course, is finding the trikes to test ride.
I would reply, but I don’t want to sound stupid again. So I will not just say anything!
Hey Mike, you and ironhorse can always take a ride out here, and you can test ride my MotorTrike, of course it is only a 1500 but we would get to see Eddie again, and meet you at the same time.:ROFLMAO:;)

·
Administrator
16,233 Posts
Hey Mike, you and ironhorse can always take a ride out here, and you can test ride my MotorTrike, of course it is only a 1500 but we would get to see Eddie again, and meet you at the same time.:ROFLMAO:;)
I may want to take a test ride myself. Is June a little late to ride to your neck of the woods? Or would October be a better month?

·
Administrator
29,797 Posts
I may want to take a test ride myself. Is June a little late to ride to your neck of the woods? Or would October be a better month?
June would be okay for the northern section, but you would be in heat down south of us in the valley areas. October is a much better plan.

Best times are March-April, October/November for our area.

Reactions: crownfire

·
Administrator
16,233 Posts
I'll start planning my test ride for next October. Maybe RayJ will want to tag along.......

Reactions: fossil92

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
The dates are informative but I don’t know where any of you are located. I’m in NW NJ.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts