Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
and so I am! Yesterday, I drove down to Franklin, TN. to look at the Gold Wings they had there. I bent their ears for a while, and mulled over the decision. We came to an agreement around 4 PM. I am now the proud owner of a new 2012 pearl white Wing! This is the "Nav" model, but it doesn't have the airbag.

I was in Heaven again, riding it around Bowling Green after the purchase. Imagine that! I bought it,paid for it and insured it before I ever took it out. I was not disappointed.

I was a bit nervous. I sold my last wing in 2005 and haven't ridden one since. I had visions of totaling the bike on the first ride out of the dealership. To top things off, on my way down there, I stopped at the Pilot truck stop here in Franklin, KY. for lunch. Across the street was a mangled Honda Shadow, a wrecked car, and the lifeless body of a poor unfortunate rider who fell victim to a woman who did not see him coming as she pulled out.

I did nOT want to take this as a sign. If I did, I'd probably never ride again, and that is just as bad as death.

It is in my garage now, getting ready for cruise #2, over to a friend's house to show him the new wheels.

I will look for people in the area to ride with. I really don't need much of an excuse to ride! As long as the time is available, I'm there!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Super neat bike! Glad you got a good deal and I KNOW you are gonna love the wing. We need to get together and let me show you some of my favorite roads in the area. Im leaving for California next Thursday and will be gone for two weeks. Going to ride my Goldwing about 7000 miles on this trip. Hope we can meet up and get some riding in soon. I need to take you to Chrome Crazy up in Park City so you can get some farkles on your new baby. Glad you are up and riding again.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Gosh! I'd ride along with you on the trip but ... you're going to where I just left from, and I'm not crazy about going back there. Have a fun trip though. If you "do the coastline," do it from north to south. In that way, when you want to stop to snap a photo, you won't have to cros over the road against southbound traffic and then back again. It is much safer, and you can see more because you are a full lane closer to the water!

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Great looking white Wing Joe. Those 2012's are starting to grow on me. Also, if you update your "location" to your new home maybe some other riders will look you up for a ride. Ride safe and congrats on your new Wing..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the info. We are going up through North Dakota then over to Wash state and then down the coast of Ca. We will end up in Arizona for a few days then back home. Should be fun. Lets get together when I get back and do some riding (IF Im still able! hahaha)

Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks,

Here in Commiefornia, I run BIKE TOW, a 24-hour motorcycle towing service. I am moving to Kentucky by next March. I was wondering ... would a dedicated motorcycle towing service survive there?

I tow bikes, trikes, bikes with sidecars, and other small vehicles such as riding mowers, 'mules' and ranch vehicles, golf carts, quads and six-wheeled vehicles, but NOT cars, trucks or vans.

Beyond that, what is the riding like? I am wondering if I should by another Goldwing! I will be moving to Franklin, KY., south of Bowling Green and north of Nashville, TN.

I know that Commiefornia is a year-round motorcycling state, but in Kentucky, how much riding goes on? Is it seasonal? Only a few months per year?

Are there any GWRRA or GWTA chapters in that area? When we were there in Franklin just this past September, we saw a large group of bikes cruise through town. A local said "they" do it every weekend, but did I just see a small sampling of motorcycles in Kentucky, or was that the entire group!?

Any feedback would be appreciated!
Yes, you can find GWRRA chapters. I ride in Chapter C in central KY but you will find chapters around the state.

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
This is an old post from 2011.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks,

Here in Commiefornia, I run BIKE TOW, a 24-hour motorcycle towing service. I am moving to Kentucky by next March. I was wondering ... would a dedicated motorcycle towing service survive there?

I tow bikes, trikes, bikes with sidecars, and other small vehicles such as riding mowers, 'mules' and ranch vehicles, golf carts, quads and six-wheeled vehicles, but NOT cars, trucks or vans.

Beyond that, what is the riding like? I am wondering if I should by another Goldwing! I will be moving to Franklin, KY., south of Bowling Green and north of Nashville, TN.

I know that Commiefornia is a year-round motorcycling state, but in Kentucky, how much riding goes on? Is it seasonal? Only a few months per year?

Are there any GWRRA or GWTA chapters in that area? When we were there in Franklin just this past September, we saw a large group of bikes cruise through town. A local said "they" do it every weekend, but did I just see a small sampling of motorcycles in Kentucky, or was that the entire group!?

Any feedback would be appreciated!
Yes, you can find GWRRA chapters. I ride in Chapter C in central KY but you will find chapters around the state.
This is an old post from 2011.
Welcome to the forum.
ha ha! I didn’t do my homework. Dough!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts