Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the brightside. I think I have some good dirt tires to test out. What do you think. Eric

Attachments

·
Administrator
28,999 Posts
Nice Eric, but of course you know the C.T.C. is going to chime in right away.;)

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as Dookoo doesn't come on with his video of his dirt riding with a CT I think my dirt tires look as good as Them Darksiders. Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
that rear tire looks like a kenda ( challenger ) tire. the load rating if i remember right is not very high and you may actually be overloading the tire

·
Super Moderator
12,269 Posts
A motorcycle tire on a motorcycle?!?! Who ever heard of such a thing!! :eek:

:D:D

(Oops, post 1500.)

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
On the brightside. I think I have some good dirt tires to test out. What do you think. Eric
So is that the new name for M/T folks. So I am a "Brightsider":):D

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Motorcycle tires on a motorcycle:eek:, what a novel concept. Who knows it just might catch on.:D:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
I think it's a great idea. I'd like to try a set of those on my dually wheelbarrow.
don't forget to post some pic's of the wheelbarrow when you put the m/c tires on it :D

·
Premium Member
24,646 Posts
My dually wheel barrow has non-pneumat...non newmat...em, solid rubber tires.:rolleyes: Looks like your 'tyres' would be great for Aussie conditions Eric. Alice Springs here we come...film at 11:00:D

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
well i mentioned the kenda tire because when i first started looking for new tires for my 1200 wing i looked at kenda tires but was told that the load rating was too low for a fully loaded wing with a passenger on board. frosty is recovering and i don't want eric or his wife ( or any of you guys ) getting hurt too

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that rear tire looks like a kenda ( challenger ) tire. the load rating if i remember right is not very high and you may actually be overloading the tire
I can't get away with anything. That is a Challenger and I got that tire in Alice Springs. It was the only tire there that would fit. I alread have the replacement Dunlop in the shed but I will wait until the Challenger gets down a bit more.
The front tire is a Dunlop 404 and that will match up with the tire in the shed. Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
I can't get away with anything. That is a Challenger and I got that tire in Alice Springs. It was the only tire there that would fit. I alread have the replacement Dunlop in the shed but I will wait until the Challenger gets down a bit more.
The front tire is a Dunlop 404 and that will match up with the tire in the shed. Eric
dunlop 404's load rating is too low for a fully loaded wing too. i would not want a 404 on the rear of my wing

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dunlop 404's load rating is too low for a fully loaded wing too. i would not want a 404 on the rear of my wing
The front tire is a Dunlop 404 and it looks good for a bit of dirt. Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
iwhen i got my 1200 wing the tires were so bad that it had large blisters in the threads so those tires had to go. i decided on dunlop 404's but it was late in the season with about a month of riding left. i had a 404 put on the rear tire just so i could ride to work for the time left. over the winter i talked to a good friend about tires, he loves 1200 wings and refuses to buy anything but 1200 wings. he is the one that told me about the load rating being too low. one of the shops i deal with confirmed what my friend said and will not put 404's on a wing

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't want to sound a bit thick here but are you saying that a Dunlop D404F front tire is not the right load rating for a 1200 GW. Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
nither 404 is the right load rating for a fully loaded wing

1 - 19 of 19 Posts