Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a site that you can get the invoice price of a motorcycle on? I know there are sites for cars but haven't found one for a motorcycle, actually I'm interested in an 09 or a 2010 Kawasaki Concours. Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
405 Posts
Joe, I always use edmonds.com for autos but I don't think they deal in bikes. Everything I have ever seen that offers to provide invoice prices for bikes requires you to pay a fee. Just proves what everybody says, "everything about bikes & boats, atv's and the like costs $".

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Well Joe,
You have stumped the panel so far. I have googled and looked all over to no avail.
Have you considered joining a Kow forum and poking around there. Maybe there is a
Bizarro Budoka over there that would help ya out. (and I feel guilty helping you with this quest)!!!!

BTW, There should be a rule that you can't go until someone with equal knowledge can take your place.
We will have to find several to fill your shoes and a few will have actually buy a manual and um............wing it.

See Joe, how can anyone make jokes or find a vanity plate with "concourse" it's just bad juju.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Joe, as I'm sure you are aware, the BB is only for used units based on dealer reported sales info (at least up here). MSRP for the 2010 C14abs is $15,599 USd. Now, I'd guess that the invoice on a 2010 C14abs would be around $12,947 'before' any state or applicable dealer incurred taxes*. Any incentives that the dealers have from Kawi come off the net invoice cost of the unit (after taxes and dealer freight, advertising co-op fees etc). Please realise that the dealers do pay the OEMs for freight charges and advertising program costs whether or not they are on a wholesale finance system or if they pay the units out when they get them. PDI charges are not false, they are a very real internal cost of the sale to the sales dept and can amount to several hours of set-up time depending on the bike (GL's are costly to set up) but good negotiating can usually gain some ground there.
*I might not be exact on these numbers, but I'm not going to be far off.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was happy to see the thread about invoice prices. Right now I am looking at switching from my kraut bike to a wing and am very very confused about the price I should be looking at. I'm not interested in MSRP as that is not what I am willing to pay, especially in THIS economy.

Does anyone have any idea what the dealer incentives and pay backs are on a 2009 and or a 2010 basic "comfort & audio" Goldwing might be? I can look up the value of the used bikes but not the new ones. If I can get a good enough deal on a new one, even if it's a 2008 model I would go new rather than used.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
According to Honda.com the incentives right now are .9% financing up to 36 mos/apr. No rebates listed on the site. Up here the 2010 models carry a $3000 rebate, and '09's are $5900 until Nov 30. US and Cdn programs are very seldom the same...for what reasoning I can't even fathom. I'd wait and see what happens with the calendar New Year since the programs will change between now and then. Bear in mind when you go into a dealership that while they 'should' be more than willing to write a very good deal, there still has to be something in it for them, they are not wholesalers after all, and motorcycle retail margins are far from large to start with.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks Budoka that's good to know. The reason for the question is that so far not one dealer I have talked to (3 so far) has mentioned a single word about any rebates in our conversations. I'm not sure why or if they just figure that if I don't already know they could simply chalk it up to extra profit. I prefer to have as much info as possible before walking into the "colosseum floor" for the contest.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Atta boy M6, forewarned is fore-armed y'know.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the information, I had an 09 new non ABS lined up about a week ago for $10,605 out the door, I didn't want to buy it as long as I still had my wing, So I called them yesterday and told them I was ready to buy it and they said that one was sold and the one they have now (exact same bike) will be $11,400 out the door. I told them to sell it to someone else and hung up. I found a great deal on a used 09 with ABS and only 3300 miles, for $8,500 and it's only about 100 miles away from me. It has a taller windshield, after market seat and a few other addons which I would have to do to any stock one I buy, the only draw is it's black and I wanted a red one, but for the difference in price I just might get it. I'm still working on 2 other shops for a price around $10600 or $10,700.
No matter what I do I still plan on staying around this forum and helping out anyway I can, so your stuck with me for awhile anyway. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Joe,

Do me a favor and PM me the dealers that are selling new Goldwing 09's for under $12k please. The best prices I am seeing in TX and LA are all over $16k to $18k for the same thing.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Joe,

Do me a favor and PM me the dealers that are selling new Goldwing 09's for under $12k please. The best prices I am seeing in TX and LA are all over $16k to $18k for the same thing.
I think Joe is referring to the Kawasaki he is looking at, not a new Wing.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Ditto TWW, that's the C14 Joe's longing for. Joe, I'd take the black one, if I was to get stupid and buy a Blackbird, it would only be black! It's either that or an RC51 for the giggle days (used of course and I'd never sell the Wing). Good to hear you're gonna hang with us even if (when) you do buy the Connie. M6, remember in my post I said Honda USA wasn't advertising rebates, only the finance rates. Ye gotta come up North of the 49th to get the rebates matey. Not sure what the border issues would be with that one, it's only ever worked the other way; things that make you go Hmmmmm.

·
Registered
49 Posts
rebate?!?!?!

Budoka,

A (for all intents) $6k rebate on an 09 would definitely stop the search for a really nice 08. That would likely cause me to start doing serious number crunching if there were a yellow 1800P (comfort and audio??) model especially with ABS available. So far I have talked to 2 dealers face to face. Asked directly about rebates. Got a story of "oh you should have been here last month for a rebate". That kind of seems silly given the riding "season" is about gone in the colder parts of the country so that normal sales would slump in addition to the economy. Now with the end of the year and tax time looming it would be a good idea to clear as much new stuff off of the floor but so far I just can't feel the love.

Still seeing optimists with 08's for sale used wanting to get $17k. Heck I've been "offered" a new 09 for $19k and change. For the 2 grand the longer warranty might be a better deal with the 0 odometer.

I think bringing the bike to the States might be a hassle should I go for a Canadian deal. I am not likely to go to Canada from Texas now and try to drive it back. I like cooler weather but not icicles hanging from my nose! :eek: What would the freight be from the dog sled companies up there? :p

In all seriousness I am looking to pull the trigger but the right target just has not shown up, sigh. I'm not willing to leave the rebate with the dealer and then pay top $ on top of that loss with a low ball offer on the beemer to boot. I was born at night etc..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts