Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Wing Riding buddys,

Who here is experienced with motorcycle camping? I like to hear from those who have; what works, what didn't work and what should be left behind. I can camp but my previous experience centered around a canvas US wall tent, 3 burner coleman stove and an 40 gallon ice chest. I still need the 3, heat, water, and shelter but what form have you guys used. What other portable niceties made for a better camp experience?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Sounds to me like you will need a trailer. I just did a solo five day with a sleeping bag, hiking equipment (backpack, shoes) and tent. Granted I could have packed less, I didn't have room for much. If I would have added cooking into the mix, there would definitely not have been enough room.

·
Registered
91 Posts
2 person tent (1 person tent gets crowded with all your gear-REI $99)
Sleeping Bag & pad.
LED Headlight (this is very important, need to see in the tent at night & be able to read. Make sure you know where it is at all times -batteries last a long time with the LED).
Pee bottle - & practice (unless you don't mind getting up)
Small camping stove & pot takes up very little space.
I take the freeze dried food - works great. (water bottles for cooking
Flip flops or similar for camp.
Pillow - usually a bag of clothes works for that.
a good book to read in the tent
All that easily fits in one decent size bag on the passanger seat.
now if you have a passanger - that's another problem.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
When I'm solo, I take a tent, bag and sleeping pad. I carry a pot and some teabags but that's it for refreshments (not including adult beverages). I'll sometimes pick up some smokies or franks to cook over a fire in the evening, but I cafe it mostly for eats. I carry a hand axe and a hunting knife and a small folding camp shovel, flashlight, and good ole t/p, also a pair of sneakers to walk in.
When the boss and I went on our tours, we had the Tiny-mite and were loaded for bear. Camp stove, folding table, folding chairs, bbq & briquettes, untensils & condiments, tarp and ropes, cooler on the trailer rack, and a 7 lb propane bottle that also went on the tongue rack. Used an air mattress so also had a 12v pump and a Coleman lantern. Had a 2 way splitter on the propane hose to run the stove and light at the same time. Used a Coleman propane tent heater for those chilly nights. Carried a full size axe in the trailer, and had a home made cedar chest on the rack of the trailer for the tarp, pillows and raingear, maps and other books and stuff. Everything else went in the trailer snug as a bug. We were self sufficient for about 3 days when the cooler was full.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts