Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope to pick up my 08 this week.....really excited.

I need some advice on a couple of things please;
1. Do most of you ride with a full face? 3/4 shell?

2. When I rode my 1500 vulcan a few years ago I wore a full faced Bell with no electronics. What should I look for now.....? I've been thinking of a Modular Nolan with their mic kit.....thoughts ? suggestions?

3. Is the stock intercom sufficent ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
1. There is not one right answer to this question. It's a personal preference. My wife and I have never used the full face; only the open face helmets.
2. No comment.
3. Yes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use a 1/2 helmet when it really hot. The radio is clear at highway speeds using the 1/2 helmet. For longer trips or in cooler weather my wife and I use Fulmer 3/4 helmets with JBL electronics. The Fulmers work fine and the JBL works fine also. The intercom on the bike works great.

Enjoy your new ride!
tk

·
Super Moderator
15,259 Posts
i use a half shell when its really hot or a ff helmet. going to get a 3/4 helmet this winter. its rare for me to have a passenger to need the intercom, the gf has her own wing ( '84 standard ) so we need bike tobike comunication which we don't have right now

·
Registered
3 Posts
Get A Helmet Thats Comfortable And You Could Use Year Around. As For The Intercom, You'll Be Riding On The Best And There Is None Better.
Enjoy And Safe Riding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts