1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
7,664 Posts
I'd be concerned about the wiring it may not be able to handle higher wattage bulbs.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I would not use anything "hotter" than the OEM bulbs. You can overheat the interior of the lamp causing damage to the reflector surface of the housing. May start as a "smoky" deposit just above the bulb and continue to worsen destroying more and more of the reflector surface.
I worked in automotive lighting for 40 years. I'm sure Honda is just like we were. We designed and built to pass FMVSS(FederalMotorVehicleSafetyStandards) at the least cost possible. That means nothing was made for excessive heat of "hotter" bulbs placed in the lamps. Also be aware the high beams have a certain focal length dimension for the light emitting filament which places it in proper focus to the optical pattern in the housing. Using improper bulbs, even though "hotter" could actually lessen the efficiency of the lamp making it project less light rays where they need to go, while looking directly at the lamp it may look brighter!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Tf!

I love this site! helps keep me out of trouble. So I guess staying with a 55w bulb is really best. I certainly do not want to damage the lens or any of the reflector.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts