Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

monday

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Eric 
#1 ·
moday is almost here and lisa is ready to ride to logansport and so am i. we are going to leave home around 10a for the four and a half hour ride to logans port. we are just going to take I-94 and I-69. check in time for us is 2:00 ( 14:00hr )so we will have time for sight seeing and some pic's. there is a 20% chance of rain and a high of 77f in logansport on monday so we should have some great weather for riding

#4 ·
tires are aired up and all fluids topped off, there is nothing to do now but load our luggage on the wings. i still don't have the ring of fire mounted on the new rotor covers though

#8 ·
i'm still out in the yard trying to make the wings look good. had to stitch the passenger backrest pad back together and paint a few pieces that got messed up when brake fluid got on them, black satin rustoleum matches up well for this job. now i have to jb weld a few pieces of metal together to forum a trim piece and work on the left fender piece that goes around the speedo cable

#10 ·
See ya guys on Thursday

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

#11 ·
If you are looking for something to see, you will be going by the Auburn Cord Duesenburg Museum in Auburn, IN on I-69.
http://welcome.to/acd.museum
I've been meaning to stop there for years as I go right past it on my way to see family.

Hope the weather cooperates and y'all have a good ride. See you next week.

#12 ·
i still have some paint and metal work to do to the 1200 wing tomorrow but it can be ridden as is. boy did that brake fluid do a job on the plastic. starting in january i'll be looking for another fairing unless i find a good deal before then but i'm not looking very hard right now

#13 ·
Ride safe Doc and see you in Pa...

#14 ·
forgot to tell you guys that i almost lost the new right side rotor cover. the metal that took out the old one bent the bracket that holds the rotor cover on and the retaining nut on the front of the bracket was stripped. i got home yesterday after a short ride and the chrome plug was missing along with both lower bolts. the rear bolt didn't line up with the nut so the tenssion i felt was the bolt ag\gainst the bracket. the only thing holding the rotor cover on was the top bolt. i had an extra bracket so i swapped them out and bolted everything back together but i'll need another chrome plug when i change the left rotor cover

#16 ·
i'll be heading to logansport in about 13 hours. just talked to lisa and she is very excited about the whole thing so i told her to get some sleep and call me in the morning so i can go pick her up. i went to visit my mom this morning then went to my high school reunion picnic. i also sis some more work on the 1200 wing and went to my club meeting today but i'm winding down but its too early to go to bed but don't worry i'll be well rested for tomorrows ride

#17 ·
Hi Doc, we are planning to leave Peoria between 9-10am tomorrow morning. I am a bit tired so Eric said we can have a slow morning.
We are getting on 24 as we leave Peoria and just riding across until we get to Logansport. We hope between 2-3pm. Looking forward to seeing Lisa and yourself. WE will phone you after we checkin.
Ride safe... see you there. from Eric and Vanessa

#18 ·
we plan on arriving in logansport sometime between 2 - 3:30. i don't have a number to call you at so give me a call around 3:30

#21 ·
Hi Doc.
We discovered as we looked at the map late last night that we loose another hour just before Logansport, so that may blow our time to be a bit later... will phone after we checkin to our B&B. from Eric & Vanessa

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.