Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me crazy, but been wanting to get the nerve to post this.
Oh yes, it was a Kodak moment, both times, but didn't even think of it then.
My mother, who is a elderly lady who I love, and respect very much. Made a statement last year for me to take her for a ride on the VTX.
" WHAT DID YOU SAY", I asked. She said, "YOU HEARD ME", I want you to ride me on that thing. Told her when I return, I'll bring a extra helmet. When I came back a week later, with a helmet. She was waiting like a kid waiting for Santa.
So I did, boy did I give her a ride. Bumped it on up, really to fast.
About a 15 mile ride.
Guess what, she loved it, and laugh up a storm.

Then, I showed up with the wing at my parents home. We went inside, and visited. Mother came up missing. Walked out and what did we find. My mother sitting on the wing..... She said " you are not leaving me until I ride this beautiful machine" ..... Guess what. We Rode.
Here comes the kicker.......
After we got her off the back of the wing. She walks over to my father and say's, " James, I think it's time for us to get one of these things" .....
Daddy just walked inside and shut the door.
She said he would change his mind if I took him for a spin.
Yea, Right >>>>>

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,177 Posts
lucky you and any of the rest of you that can get your mother on a bike. my mom has always been nervous about me riding a bike. it is soo bad that if i am leaving her house and she is laeving out too i wait until after she has left before i leave most times

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Hey you guys just be thankfull your mom's are still around to ride the bikes.....Mine passed away last month but I did get her to sit on my wing last June 2011. She would not let me take her for a ride but she got up on it and I took some pictures...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,117 Posts
Call me crazy, but been wanting to get the nerve to post this.
Oh yes, it was a Kodak moment, both times, but didn't even think of it then.
My mother, who is a elderly lady who I love, and respect very much. Made a statement last year for me to take her for a ride on the VTX.
" WHAT DID YOU SAY", I asked. She said, "YOU HEARD ME", I want you to ride me on that thing. Told her when I return, I'll bring a extra helmet. When I came back a week later, with a helmet. She was waiting like a kid waiting for Santa.
So I did, boy did I give her a ride. Bumped it on up, really to fast.
About a 15 mile ride.
Guess what, she loved it, and laugh up a storm.

Then, I showed up with the wing at my parents home. We went inside, and visited. Mother came up missing. Walked out and what did we find. My mother sitting on the wing..... She said " you are not leaving me until I ride this beautiful machine" ..... Guess what. We Rode.
Here comes the kicker.......
After we got her off the back of the wing. She walks over to my father and say's, " James, I think it's time for us to get one of these things" .....
Daddy just walked inside and shut the door.
She said he would change his mind if I took him for a spin.
Yea, Right >>>>>
Sounds like Dad needs to try a Trike. Mom would love it!!!

·
Premium Member
24,142 Posts
Hey you guys just be thankfull your mom's are still around to ride the bikes.....Mine passed away last month but I did get her to sit on my wing last June 2011. She would not let me take her for a ride but she got up on it and I took some pictures...
Wow. May I always be the kind of person my mom thinks I am.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ahhhh mother's you have to love them. They surprise us all the time. Mine is 84, and last year for mothers day we went for a ride on my 08 wing. Now my dad used to race, Isle of Mann and motorcross, but got rid if his bikes and never rode again when mom was preggy with me.
So this was the first time on a bike in 51 years. She had a blast and she was the one shouting at the stupid "cagers"
Get your mom and?or your dad on your wing and let them have a blast, you wont regret it

·
Premium Member
24,529 Posts
Both Cindy's parents have been on at least one of my Goldwings. Mom went for a quick spin with me the day I brought the 1500 Wing home from the trike shop in Westlock (AB, home of the original Lehmann shop). Dad never could get himself to hop aboard any of my bikes (his prosthetic leg had a bit to do with it) but he sure looked longingly at all of them. Hats off to your mum.:D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Really appreciate your story I lost my Mom Dec of 2010 and still have to battle back tears at times. Take advantage of having her while you can. Ride Safe.
Johnnie1,
So sorry about your lost. Trying to spend as much time as I can with my parents. I have so many friends that has lost theirs. It hurts to see them hurt. And we know, one day, they also are going to be gone.
I was very close to my grandparents. They are all gone, like you, thinking about them brings tears. They always said I was the daredevil of the family. Wish they could see me now, slowed down and on a Goldwing. My grandfather used to joke and said that one day, you will grow up and own yourself one of them Goldwings. You know, he knew EXACTLY what he was talking about .....
God Bless !!!!!
jamie

·
Registered
77 Posts
Moms

Johnnie1,
So sorry about your lost. Trying to spend as much time as I can with my parents. I have so many friends that has lost theirs. It hurts to see them hurt. And we know, one day, they also are going to be gone.
I was very close to my grandparents. They are all gone, like you, thinking about them brings tears. They always said I was the daredevil of the family. Wish they could see me now, slowed down and on a Goldwing. My grandfather used to joke and said that one day, you will grow up and own yourself one of them Goldwings. You know, he knew EXACTLY what he was talking about .....
God Bless !!!!!
jamie
Sounds like your Grandfather knew what he was talking about, have fun and ride safe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.