Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been busy on my new (2010 yellow) wing. I got the 1000 honda bucks spent and went to Wings.com to spend another ????

so far I have done:
Honda fog lights (make sure you aim them before you put the front cowl back on)

Kuriaken saddle bag and trunk LED's (the instructs said plug the adapter harness into the red OR blue connectors, but you have to do both to get the trunk lights to work the running and teh brake lights)

Sound Gate Ipod/phone adapter (wish it changed the disc when I change play lists)

Front Disk covers

and finally the show chrome handle bar risers.

The handle bar riser instructions were not correct for the 2010. I had to take the 4 screws out of the instrument cluster to get at teh plastic cover over the handle bar bolts. That being said, this was the best functional mod yet. Really improved my posture and teh position of the bars for me (6 foot, 205).
I still have to get a cell phone hook up figured out and a seat pad.

Any suggestions, welcome.

Milton

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Looks like you are well on your way to farkling your Wing. Ride safe..

·
Registered
74 Posts
I haven't done much to my Wing yet, and the fog lights are up on my list since I like to be seen by cage drivers.

Two things I recommend - well, three, Muth turn signal mirrors with blue tint (20 minute install), rear trunk spoiler and Kisan Tailblazer brake light flasher. The brake light flasher on the trunk mounted spoiler seems to really get people's attention. If I could only do one thing to the bike, it would be the spoiler/flasher combo. Visibility is expensive, but cheaper and more fun installing than a trip to the ER (or worse).

·
Registered
155 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. You can spend lots of money blinging out the bike !!! Good Luck. Exactly how much up and back does the handle bar risers give you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't done much to my Wing yet, and the fog lights are up on my list since I like to be seen by cage drivers.

Two things I recommend - well, three, Muth turn signal mirrors with blue tint (20 minute install), rear trunk spoiler and Kisan Tailblazer brake light flasher. The brake light flasher on the trunk mounted spoiler seems to really get people's attention. If I could only do one thing to the bike, it would be the spoiler/flasher combo. Visibility is expensive, but cheaper and more fun installing than a trip to the ER (or worse).
Thanks, I do have the spoiler on order as part of the 1000 honda bucks.
Will look into the Muth Mirrors

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the Forum. You can spend lots of money blinging out the bike !!! Good Luck. Exactly how much up and back does the handle bar risers give you.
No back, in fact maybe a 1/4 in forward. The up is supposed to be 1.5 in.

Check out wingstuff.com

Realy makes a differance. I am used to BMW's and sitting up more.
MKG

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
No back, in fact maybe a 1/4 in forward. The up is supposed to be 1.5 in.

Check out wingstuff.com

Realy makes a differance. I am used to BMW's and sitting up more.
MKG
The " up " sounds great. The " forward " not so great for me. Does the kit you have offer different beveled shims for different positions ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The " up " sounds great. The " forward " not so great for me. Does the kit you have offer different beveled shims for different positions ?
I don't think you would even notice the forward, it may not even have moved. I would imagine you could shave the shims but would have to do both faces to make sure it is right.

Milton

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
You're treading on dangerous ($$) ground Milt. Once you open the farkle gates there's a tidal wave just waiting to swallow you:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts