Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made a big purchase of stuff for my ride and here's the schedule of installs as the stuff comes in (and in whatever order it happens that UPS says it will be here):

Friday 7/16 - Spoiler
Saturday - Utopia Backrest (with Chopin114's expert assistance)
Sunday - No installs - going riding!
Monday - Trunk Rack and spoiler light modulator
Tuesday - Halogen foglights

:D :D :D

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
take some before and after pic's

·
Registered
217 Posts
Rapier....Make sure you install the spoiler first before the luggage rack...Otherwise you will be redrilling......also...install the spoiler modified lights before installing the spoiler...saves on uninstalling spoiler....easier to manuver the wires into the spoiler....Good Luck...I did my spoiler and rack myself and everything turned out....

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Friday 7/16 - Spoiler
Saturday - Utopia Backrest (with Chopin114's expert assistance)
Sunday - No installs - going riding!
Monday - Trunk Rack and spoiler light modulator
Tuesday - Halogen fog lights

You should install the spoiler, spoiler modulator and trunk rack at the same time, no sense taking the trunk apart again later, hope you don't have the Honda line rack because you cannot put a spoiler on with the Honda rack. Also put star washers on when you put the rack on to avoid trunk lids from cracking later.
It should only take you about 1 1/2 hrs to do it, and thats being real careful. The Utopia backrest should only take an hour to do, the hardest one is the fog lights,

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joe, I am going to put the spoiler on tomorrow just so I can get it done. I know I'll have to take the trunk lid liner out again on Monday, but no big deal.

While the rack is being delivered tomorrow as well, I can't install it until the star washers come in next week. So yeah, that means I have to take the trunk lid liner apart anyways to do that and can install the modulator at the same time. And no, it is not the Honda rack, so all should be OK there.

I'll take your suggestion and post some pictures of the work, detdrbuzzard.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, Maestro, you've done it once already. Between the two of us, that makes you the expert!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Rapier keep a eye on Chopin, from my understanding he tends to work backwards :D

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Rapier keep a eye on Chopin, from my understanding he tends to work backwards :D
I beg your pardon! My wife loves the Utopia Backrest on her back. Extending the height of the back of the passenger seat helps prevent whiplash on the take offs and relieves the buffeting from the tail wind.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, the install of the spoiler went without issue. Fairly simple, really. Sorry I didn't get a "before" picture, but I'll take the "after" shot and post it in the morning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts