Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, this is my first post on the forums and first GL! I am modifying mine to turn it into a "naked" gold wing and put better looking headlight/turn signals/seat/handlebar etc. on and I had some quirks I ran into I wanted to just see what other folks came up with.

1.) When taking off the engine guards on both sides, the engine mount bolts that they attached too are far too short now, do you just add some spacers/washers evenly on both sides to snug them up?

2.) I am not sure if they are OEM sized, but the bolts that the rear suspension attaches to at the top stick out a ton, I think they may have made them larger for the extra touring and locking bags they added to the bike?

3.) I noticed the left front fork is leaking and the suspension kind of just sticks down when you push down on it, does this mean it needs new springs, a rebuild, or just the kit with the 2 gaskets, upper and inner, and do both sides? Or is this a more involved job.

4.) I see the valve cover gasket on the left hand side is leaking, hoping that's all that's dripping onto the lower end of the bike and there isn't a seal/gasket leaking down here too, both images below.

Underside of left hand side valve cover.

Taken from left side under the bike at front of engine by water pump and oil filter, mild spots.

What is a good spring replacement for the rear suspension?

I will have a ton more questions as I go along but starting with these, thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We have several members that are very experienced on the classic Wings and they should be along to help soon.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Google SealMate and that should help the fork leak. If you want the shock bolt shorter, cut it off. But first put a couple washers and nut on first. Then back the nut off to clean the threads. I'm sure you can find engine guard bolts that are shorter and fit better. And without the engine guards you don't even need to the bolts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts