Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just joined your forum and thought I would ask for help!!! I just baught a 1982 Goldwing from a very good friend of mine who can no longer ride. I only paid one-hundred dollars for the bike so I figured why look a gift horse in the mouth. The bike has 91,000 miles on it and it was put into storage about two years ago. I was told that "he thought" it was an Aspencade model but the I D plate on the neck says GL1100I. the bike fell over while stopped at a red light before my friend baught it and the fairing was damaged and removed along with the saddle bags and I have not picked up the items that were taken off yet. Is this bike really an Aspencade or is it an Interstate model, Sorry for being so long winded. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
Evopan1

·
Registered
470 Posts
If it says "I" after the # then it's an Interstate; If it is an Aspencade it would have an "A" in the model #....Barry.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Maybe this might help..

The 1982 GL1100 had some major improvements in the new Aspencade. This machine had an electrically operated air pump for the suspension, accessed from the top of the dummy tank, instead of the previous tyre valve setup (retained on the Standard and Interstate) which required the rider to either keep a manual pump handy or go to the local garage to pump up the suspension. Two-tone paintwork was applied to the Aspencade and all the GL1100's got smaller wheels (18" front, 16" rear) and twin pot brake calipers. The wheel rims were now wider (2.5" front and 3"rear) to allow for wider tyres on all models and self-cancelling indicators were fitted to all models from 1982. All GL1100's from 1982 got neater crash bars which replaced the previous shin bashers (although the new ones weren't perfect either) and dual piston brake calipers all round. The Aspencade also got vented stainless steel discs, two-tone seat and trunk pouches, the Clarion type 2 AM/FM stereo radio, digital dash, CB radio (US machines) and a clock. The stereo, CB radio and air pump are available as options on the Interstate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts