Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come across a number of used Goldwings for sale throughout the Internet. In most of the model descriptions, it just says GL1800. Some of the ads give a more detailed desription of the model such as these: GL1800HPNAM9 or GL1800HPNM9 or GL1800HPNMA.
I have two questions:
  1. How do I determine which features are included in a particular model based on the model number
  2. If a detailed model description is not listed or known, how do I verify the exact model description (copy of registration)
Are the model descriptions and the features included, applicable to all model years ranging from 02' through 08'?
Thanks in advance. I look forward to the feedback.
Ron

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Since there are different model numbers for US and Cdn units, I'm not going to to be much help as to which letters correspond to which options. I can tell you though that the 9 , A, or 8 at the end of the model # is the model year; 8 being 2008, 9: 2009, and A is 2010.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
I'm going to take a guess and say.

GL1800HPNAM9 GL1800H = Honda, P=performance audio, N=navagation, A=ABS, M9=Year 2009.

There should also be a model designation for an airbag model.

This should show you the various 2010 models and features:

http://powersports.honda.com/2010/gold-wing/compare.aspx

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
No fair TWO WHEEL KING, you beat me to it, I was out getting a hair cut!! :mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What an awesome Forum! Your information Two Wheel King has already been very helpful. I am now suffering from PBA (Paralysis by analysis) -- what is really important in a bike? I've come to the conclussion that I do not need Navigation or ABS. Now the question becomes, which year(s) should I zero in on.

Based on my budget of $15,000, it looks like I can buy a clean 02' through 07'. With that said, how important is low mileage? I see some 02' Goldwings with 33,000+ and as little as 7,000 miles on them. I've read that these machines can go for 300,000 with proper maintenance.

Any assistance and advice would be greatly apprecieated. Hurry up joe in calif! Don't let Two Wheel King beat you to the punch twice!!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
That would make sense as long as Honda follows those abbreviations for options. You guys get more choices than we do; we either have the airbag or we don't; you have four option packages to our two (AL and AD/airbag). You also have the XM availability just like your automobile group does (up here it is only on a very select few; of which the Acura RL "flagship" is not included?!?). We can have any colour we want (to your four on the whole lineup) as long as it's white or black (ok the non-airbag is also available in red, but not white). The biggest kicker is your models run $3500 at msrp (would love to know the invoice difference) less than ours comparably equipped if you don't count the XM option. Your offers from Honda are also considerably more attractive; lower finance rates, bigger rebates, etc; likely due more to the volume of unit sales being easily ten times the numbers as in Canada. It's never been about the dollar variance y'know, hehe. But watch what happens if our loonie ever hits .75 or .80 again.:confused: Warranty is the same at 3 years unlimited mileage.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
No fair TWO WHEEL KING, you beat me to it, I was out getting a hair cut!!
Stop sulking joe you can't answer them all & if you could then you wouldn't be doing any riding.

Think about that Bucko!:D

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
someone in the classifieds on this site has a nice 06 with 4600 miles,he's asking 15,000

1 - 8 of 8 Posts