Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi their, Has anyone come across this problem. I have just had a new battery fitted to the Bike:) (2004 1800 se) and I can not get in to set the time or change the trip meter:confused:. if I push the mode button nothing happens, if I change the setting for the suspension the display comes up and you can see it all working, and when I turn on the Gold wing logo comes and goes. All the fuses are ok, any ideas.

Regards
Lorrick

·
Super Moderator
9,846 Posts
Sounds like something needs to be reset or settings were lost due to the new battery being installed. Do you have the mannual that came with the bike? That may give you some idea as to what to do. I'll check my manual on my 09 as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Two Wheel Wing
I have had a look and there is nothing in the manual, and the local Honda dealer has not come across this before, it is as if it is locked ?

·
Super Moderator
9,846 Posts
Does pushing the mode button allow you to cycle through any of the options, or is it like it's dead and nothing happens? If nothing happens it might be a bad or dirty switch. Try cleaning with some kind of electrical contact spray.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Sounds like you may have to reboot the system. My bike is an '09 so the '04 may be different; this is from my shop manual: Turn ingition off, disconnect negative battery terminal then reconnect to reset. If the system reboots, you're good to go. If not, you have to do a forced reboot, meaning you have to remove the nav unit from the trunk leaving the connectors together. turn the ignition on and wait 20 seconds. There is a reset switch in a hole on the inside of the unit. Turn the key off and then back on. If the reset was successful, the unit is ready to use. If still no luck, you'll need an '04 manual and follow the steps there.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
On the 04 you have 2 other buttons with the MODE button, do they work? If not than the connector under the dash panel in front of the ignition switch came loose. I think budoka is giving you directions for rebooting the NAVI system and you don't have that on an 04.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Right Joe! Totally my bad. With all the talk about the Navi these days, I got fubar in my head and was thinking that instead of the audio controlls. Yeesh, what a doofus I are/can be! You'd think that when it was an '04 that would have tipped me off.:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts