Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back yesterday afternoon after spending Thursday and Friday riding with three buddies and a pickup guy in Moab, Utah. Did about 70 miles of slick rock and single track during those two days on my Husqvarna TE300i, a marvelous trail riding machine. Haven't owned a two stroke since 1975 but this new Husky with its electronic fuel injection and magnificent suspension will just about go anywhere. The kid we picked up in the parking lot at the Slick Rock trail head was from Montana. He was alone so we asked him along for the comradery and for safety. He was appreciative enough at the end of the ride to give us all a micro-brewed Montana Double IPA beer that hit the spot. My friend who traveled with me to Moab had to be back on Saturday otherwise we would have put in another adventure that day. Good times!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,152 Posts
Oh my!!!!!

I all of sudden want to start riding off road again.

Oh those OSSA days.....:)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
14,256 Posts
I love that area. Thanks for showing us what we are missing.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love that area. Thanks for showing us what we are missing.
Not really anything to do with my Goldwing which was pulled out of winter storage prior to this trip. Weather here in the Four Corners is still iffy. Have taken the wing around town on some errands and it still amazes me how smooth it is to ride. Will be taking a 3,200 mile tour on it in June. My son and son-in-law will be traveling with me. The tour's theme will be the Sioux. We will be visiting various Sioux battle sites with the ultimate goal of finishing at the Little Bighorn. The ride home will include a pass through ride of the Black Hills then down through Nebraska.

·
Super Moderator
14,256 Posts
I rode from Rapid City down to Pine Ridge and then into western Nebraska. It was a good part of that overall ride and I was surprised how scenic that NW corner of Nebraska is. Sounds like a great trip. Little Bighorn is still on my bucket list. I've been close but not been able to visit yet.

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
Moab has a draw for some serious off roaders. Used to watch a lot of it on the tube.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Moab has a draw for some serious off roaders. Used to watch a lot of it on the tube.
I was one of those people. A member of Redrock 4 Wheelers in Moab. Also did competitive rock crawling. Spent a lot of time looking at clear blue sky and a lot of time upside down. The most beautiful scenery is far off the pavement!

Good guys ride black bikes!
IDMWT# 98

1 - 7 of 7 Posts