Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a long cold winter down here in the sweat belt. Most days haven't gotten out of the 40's with rain a couple times per week. Oh woe is we.

But Saturday shaped up beautiful. The sun was out and it got to 70. The wives actually were willing to ride and three couples went out for the day. Here we are at the swinging bridge at Byram. Built in 1905 it is a cable suspension bridge and sways when you walk on it. We traveled around and visited Merit Falls along Hwy 43. Not much of a falls by anyone’s standards but it looks like a place we will visit in July to cool off.

There were bikes out everywhere we went. Sunday it rained all day and today, Tuesday, a strong storm is moving across the eastern half of the country. The bikes are safely hiden away for the next fair day. Hope the sun comes out where y’all are.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Great pics!! Sounds like you had a good ride!!

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Thanks for the write up and the photos. It will not be long and the weather will start to break for some of you guys and I will probally struggle to get a post in sideway with all of the excitement from the north. Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Great looking group crownfire. Ride for us down there until this white stuff is gone. Like Eric said wait til the weather breaks & the posts star coming from the north.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
No Snow or rain in the Northwest Corner yesterday but barely got above freezing here at the house. Some day sooooon.
From the Northwest corner.
Ron

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Great pics. Thanks for posting. 4-6 inches of the white stuff and freezing rain and ice in the forcast for later today and tomorrow. Hope the power lines don't go d

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Good job crownfire, sorry I'm late. Eric, we can only post for now 'cause we can't ride at this time of year. We'll get quiet key syndrom when the snow is gone.

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Good job crownfire, sorry I'm late. Eric, we can only post for now 'cause we can't ride at this time of year. We'll get quiet key syndrom when the snow is gone.
Budoka: I am a bit disapointed to think that the riding will result in quite keys. I have this forum which is so much part of my day. I say ride then share the ride is twice the fun. Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
nice pic's and writeup crowfire. eric even during the riding season i take time to post and reply unless i'm out of town

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Crown, that looks like a mini Niagara Falls.
If you ever ride this far up north Niagara Falls would be a great place to see. Awesome standing only 5 ft from the brink and feeling the power of nature. I could always help out with sight seeing advice too.
For now I will just envy you for getting the chance to get out and ride a bit. Hopefully only a few more weeks for me and I'll be back on two wheels.

·
Super Moderator
14,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Crown, that looks like a mini Niagara Falls.
Very mini. The drop is about three feet. The weather does get cold down here but usually will get into the 40's during the day. I'm still seeing robins in the woods so spring isn't here yet. A month or so to go and it will start melting up your way.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Don't worry Eric, we won't leave you high and dry during 'your winter' months. Most of us will just be posting after the riding's done for the day. I'll still be here at the salt mine tapping away in the quiet spells while everyone else is out riding. I'm thinking of bringing one or the other of the bikes into the showroom when it's a bit slow and do some farkling and polishing etc instead of sitting on my duff and typing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts