Honda Goldwing Forum banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
We did get a ride in Saturday after the wedding and lunch, rode down to Bay of st louis for dinner. What a great time. Had a good ride home on Sunday beautiful weather light traffic ok roads. Was good to see everyone again and looking forward to the next meeting.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,108 Posts
Sure glad y'all got that ride in down to the coast. Bay St. Louis is a pretty town. Martena and I lived there for 24 years before work pulled us off the coast.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Sure glad y'all got that ride in down to the coast. Bay St. Louis is a pretty town. Martena and I lived there for 24 years before work pulled us off the coast.
It was a pretty neat place, wish we would have had more time. Wanted to ride across the bridge.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Ohhhh, I wish I could've been there.

·
Super Moderator
14,108 Posts
Ohhhh, I wish I could've been there.
We wish you had made it too. Hope everything is going well. Maybe we will get over your way this fall or next spring. I've been mapping a loop over along the coast and to Fredericksburg then back home via Hwy 16. Three or four days, depending on if I stay an extra day in Fredericksburg for a day in the hill country.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
We wish you had made it too. Hope everything is going well. Maybe we will get over your way this fall or next spring. I've been mapping a loop over along the coast and to Fredericksburg then back home via Hwy 16. Three or four days, depending on if I stay an extra day in Fredericksburg for a day in the hill country.
If you're considering TX-16 north to Llano, its a good road, especially if you ride the Willow City Loop near the mid-point. If you're considering TX-16 south between Fred... and Bandera, that's even better. Do you remember the Apple Store where we stopped in Medina?

Also, if you plan to be near La Grange (yes, ZZ Top's La G) or Schulenburg, you should look at some of the websites and videos, there are many, about The Painted Churches. Could be worth a play day. Any chance Martena will be with you?

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Oh, and a couple more spots. In Goliad is Goliad Brewing. And in Shiner, is Spoetzl Brewery, home of Shiner Bock. You probably would have found theses by your self, but just to be sure...

·
Super Moderator
14,108 Posts
If you're considering TX-16 north to Llano, its a good road, especially if you ride the Willow City Loop near the mid-point. If you're considering TX-16 south between Fred... and Bandera, that's even better. Do you remember the Apple Store where we stopped in Medina?

Also, if you plan to be near La Grange (yes, ZZ Top's La G) or Schulenburg, you should look at some of the websites and videos, there are many, about The Painted Churches. Could be worth a play day. Any chance Martena will be with you?
Thanks! I'll look for that loop. I sure do remember the apple store. It could be the best apple pie I have had since my Grandma's.

Oh, and a couple more spots. In Goliad is Goliad Brewing. And in Shiner, is Spoetzl Brewery, home of Shiner Bock. You probably would have found theses by your self, but just to be sure...
I'll take all the help I can get. Thanks.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts