Honda Goldwing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Congratulations on the wedding!!

I think Barber Vintage Festival is going on that weekend?

Talk with me if you are looking for corded (hardwire) communications system. I bluetoothed my ‘13 Wing and have the Honda factory set up.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
I may have missed it, but where are the motels in the area? Cheap would be great that excepts pets as we can't leave Loki home by himself.

·
Super Moderator
14,224 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
thanks Mark.

I will go look at a few and see what recommendations I can make.
Also, where is everyone planning to stay. I saw a few motels for around $50 a night and that is well within our budget if they aren't fleabags.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
we found a really good place, waiting on the manager to give us a call. The hampton in and Home 2 suites, really good parking and good location they accept pets too. If it dont come in under $100 we will look again, but it sure is a perfect spot.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
FYI - Booked at the Best Western...

Are there any particulars being shared on where to meet Friday, Saturday?

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
FYI - Booked at the Best Western...

Are there any particulars being shared on where to meet Friday, Saturday?
Best Western is choice 2 , and working to get group rate now.

The ride plan as of now will be to meet at the Waffle house just across the street from the hotels (KSU TBD) Then ride down to Bay of St. Louis and have a lunch at Tripple Tails. Great sea side bar and grill, then make our way back to Hattiesburg, we can meet for a group dinner at the Keg and Barrel West.

The wedding will be the following day at 11AM followed by a big lunch vet together after party back at The Keg and Barrel.

·
Super Moderator
14,224 Posts
Looking good. I'll be running back and forth from the house. Martena may attend the wedding and if so, I'll be in the car. But Friday will be on the bike for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Still messing with getting a group rate, and does $114 a night seem too high? That would be for the Hampton Inn, really nice place with great parking and very nice hanging out areas inside and outside. I am guessing about 10 rooms too this is first time I have tried to set up group rate and not having a lot of luck with it, at least not how I thought it should go.

Still waiting to hear back from the sales guy at bestwestern, I think they will a bit cheaper but have not seen the rooms or amenities yet, will look at that this weekend when I am down in Hattiesburg.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Dustin, don't stress out over this as there are several hotels listed on Trivago for a lot less than $100. Everyone can just find there own lodging and we'll meet up somewhere if that works. Now you understand what I went through at Stockton. Remember, this is your wedding not an official M&G. We will be honored just to attend and find our own lodging.

Reactions: Cantankerous

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
We're still thinking as over $100 per night is going to be a little hard for us to do.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
none of them seem willing to do much of a group deal, there is a soccer tournament that weekend I think. As suggested at this point I thi k its best to just leave it open and we will make plans to just meet up when and where for all.

I will post up firmer plans soon, but I will be riding down from Jackson on Friday morning after kids get on the bus and plan to be at the waffle house that is close to the Best western by about 9 AM.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone and cant wait.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Are you saying your going down there Friday of this week?

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Sorry I meant Friday Oct 25th, for the wedding pre ride party? But yes I will be going down this Friday too, I spend most weekends down there now.

41 - 60 of 109 Posts