Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My left side mirror rattles. Is this something that has become loose in the housing or did something break? Hopefully whatever it is can be tightened. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
what year wing are you talking about and is it the glass or the housing

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Have you taken the mirror out to peek inside ? Now I will tell you that my " right " side mirror vibrates at running speeds more than my left side, I haven't taken it out to see what's up in there yet.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Tighten the screw on the bottom of the mirror housing, before it falls out and your mirror goes by-by in a million pieces on the road!

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
There are also some rubber grommets/spacers on the miror mount where the assembly attaches to the fairing. If your mirror has ever been off, it's possible they didn't get re-attached with the mirror. That wll also cause the mirror to shake some. Likely htat you fixed it with the adjuster screw though. Use the screw to loosen the glass portion for adjusting the view angle and then retighten it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My left side mirror rattles. Is this something that has become loose in the housing or did something break? Hopefully whatever it is can be tightened. Thanks in advance.
there is a screw under the bottom of the mirror housing, it needs tightening. My right mirror vibrated and I tightened the screw and that fixed it. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts