Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up, there will be a 3-day motorcycle rally in Jefferson, Tx this coming weekend on Oct 8 - 10. I believe it was originally organized by the Brothers Keepers Motorcycle Club to help pay for the hospital bills of a local bike enthusiasts who was burned in a terrible accident. After he recovered the rally continued on to benefit many other burn survivors.

Jefferson is a small pre-civil war riverboat town that still has the old train tracks on the edge of town. There will be lots of local attendees (mini-Sturgis parking on main street), plenty of good food, a variety of hotels (or historic home B&B's) and an outdoor band playing for the street dance.

Ready for a road trip to Jefferson TX? (easttexasburnrun.com)
Visit Jefferson Texas - Tourist Information, History, Hotels

Ride Safe - Michael

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The weekend rally in Jefferson, Tx was well attended with about 1,000 motorcycles. Out of all the spotless, chromed-out Harley and Indian attendees, there were a scattering of GW's amongst the crowd. Although the raffle ticket I bought for a chance to win a brand new 2021 HD was not drawn and my multiple Poker Run Hands sucked hind tit, I did win one of the "Also Participated" tanks of gas prize. 馃檪 The weather was perfect, the food and music was great and everyone had a good time.

Ride Safe - Michael
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Land vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mercy - sorry for the duplicates - could the moderator please edit the repeats ?

Thanks =

Super Moderator
Fixed. :)

Thanks for posting, looks like it was interesting.

Reactions: NREMTP

Administrator
Looks like an interesting event. That one bike in the second picture sure looks fast! Reminds me of a bike I used to own.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: NREMTP

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One of the funniest things I saw while at the rally was in amongst a long row of HD's backed up to the curb sat a couple of new BMW 1600's. As one of the spectators walked by, he asked a heavily tattooed and obviously proud bandanna wrapped HD owner, "How he liked riding a BMW". I thought every Harley rider within ear shot was going to swallow his cigarette. 馃檪

Ride Safe - Michael

1 - 7 of 7 Posts