Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A new, to me anyway, Gold Wing owner - I haven't even picked it up yet. Pick up date is scheduled for 4/25/2012. Bought a 1985 frame with the majority of the rebuild being 1986 Gold Wing 1200 Aspencade parts. Only 24,000 miles since rebuild.

I have wanted a Gold Wing ever since I knew what one was. Now I am like a darn child near Christmas - "Is it Christmas yet?"

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Welcome and the 1200 is a great bike have fun and be safe.

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
congrats and good luck professor, 1200 wings are some fine bikes

·
Super Moderator
7,648 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the new 2 U Wing.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Thanks for the great welcome gentlemen.

The weather turning sour for Thursday has bumped up my pick up date (Gee, I am so upset - NOT!)

So, I'll be picking her up tomorrow - Tuesday.

Having no personal experience with the Gold Wings I truely appreciate your feedback about the 1200 series.

I made it very clear to all of my friends for years: "I don't want ANYTHING to do with motorcycles ever again. Well maybe if it is a Gold Wing? But, only a Gold Wing!"

A friend's son got himself in a financial challenge so to help them all out I took over a Yamaha 650 just to be polite thinking I would turn it over fairly fast. Well, I never would get off the darn thing to turn it. :)

Three years later on the way to church March 11, 2012 a cage decided she needed the road more than I did and pulled out in front of me. All I remember is saying no way out, I am going to hit her. The next thing I know I am in the Emergency Room. Witnesses say that I should being having a long dirt nap after that accident. I got one small scrape, no bruises and a lot of pain. The Yamaha was totalled.

Property damage settlement and I am about to fulfill my dream and own a Honda Gold Wing. :)

LIFE IS GOOD. :)

Professor

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Hey Professor,

Welcome to the GWOF! We're in similar boats: I picked up an '85 1200 Aspencade a few months ago (almost have her ready) after swearing off bikes a few years ago; in my case it was having a 14-16 point buck jumping out of the woods right in front of me. The way I figured, when the wildlife is out to get you, it's time to park the bike!

What I hope impresses you as much as it has impressed me is the handling of these Wings. It's quite extraordinary, and I haven't done a thing to improve/fix that part of the bike. Handles easier than my old Suzi GS850GL and weight 200-250 lbs. more.

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the site and ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Congrats on your new 2u Wing. Ride safe and enjoy...

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
Welcome AKA Professor. Wow, newbie and already a Lifetime Premium member...nicely done!:D

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Professor, from way down south in Texas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts