Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In order to gain access to a military base one is req'd to put a sticker on their windshield or front fork. They're ugly.

Has anybody come up with a way to attach them in a temporary way (so they can be quickly attached/removed) that looks like they're really stuck on?

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
i have a pass for the county parks on my wing. i just scotch tape it to the windshield

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think it needs to at least appear to be permanently affixed to remove suspision the registered sticker is not moved between vehicles

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
In order to gain access to a military base one is req'd to put a sticker on their windshield or front fork. i think it needs to at least appear to be permanently affixed to remove suspision the registered sticker is not moved between vehicles
Just my opinion, but I think the sticker should be put on the fork of your bike and don't worry about how ugly it is. Given the state of the world, and I'm assuming the sticker has some security attached to it, having it permanently attached is not a big deal. When you no longer need it you can easily remove it. JMHO...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Depends on the base nowadays. Here at Luke AFB we don't have them anymore. They check all ID's when entering. No more stickers for cars or bikes

Spike

·
Registered
18 Posts
I put mine on the chrome fork tube /caliper cover...But I do like Fat Cats idea of putting on under the pass footboard.........
later on,

·
Banned
1 Posts
Air Force has discontinued decals. Army still requires them. Velcro button works fine if you know you are going to be entering.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Jim is right, AF has done away with them. 100% ID card check now, even 2 wheelers. Don't be alarmed when the guard has asked you to remove the ID Card from the wallet, they are supposed to look at the back of the card as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I work at Kings Bay Naval Submarine Base. They still use stickers and random ID check and vehicle search to access upper base. If you go to lower Base (towards water front) very strict Badge/ID check.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Take a piece of PVC pipe with an inside diameter a little larger than your fork tube. Slot it length wise and pad it on the inside with some foam insulation strips (used for windows, etc.). Apply the sticker to the pipe and spread it open and clip it to the fork.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sure like fatcat's idea about the passenger footrest!!! Wish I had noticed it before I came up with my own solution, which was...

I took a water bottle (a regular old thin, smooth, plastic water bottle like you get at 7-11 for 99cents) and cut out a patch the size of the sticker, plus about 2 inches longer. Then I stuck the sticker to it. Since the plastic has more of a curve than the windshiled, when I press it flat onto the windshiled it looks nice and flat. Then I just slide the extra 2 inches down between the rubber seal and the windshield. It looks "stuck on" and it's very easy to remove then reinsert before going on base.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts