Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking a weeks trip at the end of the month South into South Carolina, Georgia, Florida into Alabama and through Tennesse, back to Pennsylvania, If anybody has any good ideas for sight seeing stops or towns to visit, I'd like to hear them, or even events that are going on. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
If you have time explore parts of the Blue Ridge Parkway/Skyline Drive in Va.

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Where will you be coming in Florida? The east or the west coast? St. Augustine is a very pretty place and very historic. If you'll be here in October you can go to Biketoberfest in Daytona.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I think the National Military Park at Andersonville, Georgia is a must see. Be sure to see the cemetery (13000 maybe more interments). Beautiful funerary sculpture, esp NY and Iowa. It is a haunting, provacative. The stockade area was 26 acres of grief with a sluggish miserable stream thru the middle. 32,000 men drank out of one end and shxt in the other.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Take the Cherohala skyway to US 129 then to the Blue Ridge Park way. You can get to the skyway from I40 and ride East toward the Dragon (Deals Gap, Tail of the Dragon US 129, 318 turns in 11 miles). Make sure you check Killboy.com to get your picture on the Dragon ( I hear there are others now that take your picture). Then head to the Blue Ridge which starts in Cherokee NC and runs all the way to VA ( I think 450 miles). I like the sky way and Blue Ridge the best BUT all are breath taking esp I am sure this time of year with the leaves.
Be careful and have a BLAST!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts