Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles in so far

6K views 45 replies 26 participants last post by  blk93wing 
#1 ·
Ok, we've got a full 6 months in for 2012 so my question is - are we spending more time typing or riding? Between May, June and this bit of July, I've logged 4,400 miles. How I got that many is beyond me. April was a total wash with next to zero miles logged. So how many miles have you logged so far?

#2 ·
Less than you.. Ride safe..

#3 · (Edited)
4,400 is very good.

IBALEE, how many miles have you logged this year? 10,000?

I'm a piker compared to you guys. Tatanka became "fully operational" on about May 15-20 and in between tweeking him here and there over the last 6-7 weeks, managed to get in about 1,500 miles so far, but August should see at least 2,000 miles, so I'll try to catch up! Pretty unlikely, though!:eek::D

#5 ·
well as i type i'm laying in the bed of a Harley pop-up for a bike in a rest stop on 95s just past washiningtonn Dc. 400 something miles down on a sudden emergency 1100 mile trip to Savannah Ga. not bad seeing I left the registry at 4 pm and hit the road shortly there after. my grandmotherpast so i'm heading down to be with my mother. who to note when she told me this afternoon she also told me not to be riding my bike lol. she'll kill me when she sees me pull up on her but seeing as i can afford to do this becaause of the bike she should be happy.

#6 ·
Got about 2,000 this year, but then haven't really been anywhere.

#8 ·
11 months on my wing and I have now logged 10500.00 miles

#9 ·
Sitting on 13 months and 17,500 so far. All goes well should put another 2K on this weekend.

Sorry you meant for 2012.....I'm over 11K for 2012

#10 ·
I know I have 4800 on the new car tire and may be 2500 before that on the motorcycle tire it was a nice March. I hope to put on around 7500 starting on the 23rd on the trip out to the sun road we will see and then we have the HOON on his way and then the fall is on it's way and back to your Q. around 7K of fun.

#11 ·
Hmm lets see Jan-April rain,rain,rain and did I mention rain. Then dreaded crash and then May thru July...Dreaded crash AGAIN! then on vac with the mini van....Rear speakers (Thanks J&M) blown and I am on my way to pick her up (still not fixed)and should hopefully get in 1500 rain soaked this weekend with EFINREF. Total about 2000 this year :mad::mad: Work to much and complain like someone really gives a ooooooops!!

#12 ·
I am not complaining but you have to take into account the hours that I work and that those hours are away from home. I average 60 hour a week. That is 8 hours on 8 hours off 6 days straight. So my riding days are limited. That is my excuse.
The mileage on the wing this is 6k and 1.5k on the CB250RS. Eric

#13 ·
Sorry to hear about your loss CharlaineC, ride safe on your trip. I guess we are getting out for the most part! Now I just have to catch up with an H-D riding/fishing buddy who bought his just in the last year or two. He was 1,500 miles up on me the last time I saw him.

#17 ·
I've got 5500 for the time you mentioned and almost 11,000 for the year. I normally get 1000 per month, more if I can sneak in a trip, less when I get called out of town for work. This month I was gone until last Monday night and then it has been raining every day. Tomorrow I'm riding no matter what the weather is doing.

#25 ·
Yea but I can't get enough in greedy , I ride to work on most
Days , if it raining when I leave then I don't ride , now I'd I'm at work and it rains on the way home who cares I'm going home

#26 ·
I was the same way about the rain.....I actually enjoy riding in the rain now.....I just put on the Frog Toggs & roll. The wife say's I'm nuts! I say I'm at that age where I really don't give a rats a$$....LOL

Riding soothes my soul!

Hmm..I like that...I think I'll add that to my signature....thanks Gordo!!!!

Mark

#27 ·
Problem is I leave 3.30 4 am everyday and if it's raining that's just too early to worry about

#28 ·
LOL...no problem I'm at work @ 03:00 every day.....Up at 02:00 & out the door by 02:20. Mondays however are a real drag....I actually start @ 18:00 on Sunday night!:(

Mark

#34 ·
Bringing this back to the top. Seems like most of us are doing more riding than typing. My season is over, the heat way that came across most of the county took it's toll on me, blown weather forecasts for severe storms that did not show and just plain old being lazy caused another low mileage year, for me at least. Finished up with around 8,200-8,300 miles. Longest trip was about 600 miles out one way covering four states. Really thinking of installing Progressive suspension front and rear on my 93 in the spring. Bike seemed to wallow much more in turns this last year and handling doesn't seem to feel as crisp. But turning 20 yrs old and almost 114,000 miles, it's due.
It's been great to hear of everyones milestone rides, sad to hear of misfortunes, but we all seemed to come out ok overall. Keep the questions/answers, rides and photos coming for those who will soon be buried in snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.