Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys:
I am looking at a 2008-2010 goldwing.I am 6'1" tall,and weigh 195.I can't seem to get comfortable when I stretch out my legs on hwy pegs.They hit the lower fairing and feel awkward.Do you just get used to it,or are there ways to adjust the hwy pegs to keep from hitting the lower fairing?
What about the comfort of the stock seat on 300-500 mile trips?
Thanks
Johnny

·
Registered
2,835 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
When I bought my Wing, it had a Corbin seat that's hard as a brick, but fits like a glove. I tried a gel cushion which helped some, but it still wasn't enough. I purchased an Airhawk seat cushion, which made a world of difference. If your seat's not comfortable now, it will be with an Airhawk.

·
Premium Member
23,765 Posts
Good point funtogo. I'm an inch shy of you and your right about the fairing outer edge. Honda could have clam shelled in the fairing a bit where it rubs the inner calf. I was just think about this the other day on a ride. I have the Highway " Floorboards" which gives me a lot of horizontal foot space, but the natural resting position is always touching the fairing edge. I'm left to believe that Honda never imagined highway pegs when they designed the 1800. They took the St model and made it bigger. Highway Floorboards are you best bet, as they will be as " good as it gets ".

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the beautiful state of Pennsylvania. Looks like you are getting some good advice already. Hope you find your Wing and when you do ride safe and enjoy..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts