Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took girls basketball to Binghamton yesterday. Snowed off and on all day. Salt trucks on I-81 and secondary roads home seemed a little squirrelly so I took my time. Don't want to hurt anyone. So I guess I will park the toys until the rains wash away the salt. Out come the moth balls, varment poison and covers. Also the battery tender. I got some good rides in this summer. Looking forward to next time I get out.

Corp

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
even though there was a coating of snow on the ground this morning i plan to have one ride in december before the wing goes in hibernation. that will make four decembers in a row that i had atleast one ride for the month

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
Sorry to hear the white stuff is starting to shut y'all down. That's the best reason I've found to stay in the South, well second best in case the wife sees this.....

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
It's the price we pay for 9-10 months of COMFORTABLE riding, Mark. I've lived a third of my life in Florida and North Carolina, riding all over the South. The 4 summer months are TOUGH, especially in the high humidity Deep South (Houston to Pensacola) and slightly less in the Southeast.

I liked riding all year round, but OK with the compromise up here. Heck, I just rode last Wednesday afternoon; and now we're in the 20sF Besides, Tatanka and Bobo are older Wings who require attention over the winter break.:eek: Including everything I should have done this spring but didn't because I wanted to get on the road with Mr. T!:eek::D

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Is it any help to you that I am going on a ride tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Things have slowed down a little in Columbia SC , but most still ride if just on weekends. While this sounds like year round ridding it's not we have some too cold days and MANY too darn hot days ! Summer here is a killer and you must keep well hydrated or you will get sick quickly.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
I've been done for over a month now:( ah, well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.