Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Skippy 1st Welcome to the GWOF, good people & discussion here. 2nd I love threads like yours. Ready for my opinion.

The Longest!

Now seriously, Any way you can hit Old 66 for some of it, that's one route to include. Get on this site if you have never seen it, & get planning. Have fun here & on the road.

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/

·
Premium Member
11,007 Posts
Can't help will good roads in the USA, but can help in South Australia. Yes I know thats not going to help you but I give you a big welcome from Down Under. Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
hello skippy, welcome to GWOF. I-80 to I -76 to I -70

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome Skippy. Since I'm from Canada, em, "Go West young man!"
Seriously, if you just need to get there, and quality m/c roads isn't part of the equation take the superslab. If you however wish to get a 'real ride' out of it, get off the superslab on onto the secondarys and see America!

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Fastest way would be the interstate, but I"m with Fossil on this one...:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks.

Thanks. I actually live in Utah and am familar with all the riding in the Rockies. Once I get to Colorado i have a good idea. I think I will take all the backroads through Kansas just to get a little different view than the interstate. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Illinois to Colorado

Hey, my wife and I just spent the month of June in Colorado. We came from central Missouri. If you still need directions or idea. Of course 70 goes across, it is flat, boring, and we hit 55 mph cross winds across Kansas and eastern Colorado. We came home the north route. Highway 36. The interesting thing about it is that you will travel through all 13 counties that boarder Nebraska. the road was in great shape. We had 4 cars come from behind us and pass and only about 40 pass us straight on. We practically had the road to ourselves. That's the up side, the down side is that there are primarily only small towns on the route. But they are spread out about every 50 miles or so. Most are a one horse, I mean one gas station town. A great B&B in Smith Center Kansas on 36. You might consider the northern route.
If you do 70. There is a great B&B hotel in Wilson and a great B&B farm in Limon Colorado. If we go to Colorado again, we will probably trailer our bike to Limon and leave the car and trailer at Craig's Farm B&B while we travel throughout Colorado.
We did the Tennessee Pass, Breckenridge, Winter Park, Estes Park, the National Park. Incredible scenery and pretty decent roads for the most part. Would love to visit if you are still planning.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'd suggest the fastest and shortest.

I am actually leaving for Colorado myself later this week. I live south of Minneapolis. I am heading south to Des Moines, and then directly across Iowa, Nebraska, and Easter Colorado to get to Loveland.

From there, I start a brief 3-day tour around the mountains.

I am just riding straight through on the way out and the way back. All interstate.

I don't like it, but I'm on limited time, and want to get to the mountains.

Have fun and ride safe

·
Banned
3,204 Posts

Welcome to the forum from Seattle.

I highly recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area. When you attend chapter meetings you will find friendly folks that ride the same motorcycle you do, and they know their motorcycle.

You can find a local chapter by going their website: http://www.gwrra.org

1 - 11 of 11 Posts