Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't guess there any tire dealers left out there that have Michelin Pilot GT's. I'm looking ahead to the next tire change. I put my last set on last fall and heard they were discontinued a while back.:( I prefer not to use dunpops I've never had any luck with dunlop on any bike I've had.:eek: Well damn I guess I'll keep an eye on a friends he reshoed with a set of E3's maybe they've changed since I tore up a set last.:p:cool:

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
I don't guess there any tire dealers left out there that have Michelin Pilot GT's. I'm looking ahead to the next tire change. I put my last set on last fall and heard they were discontinued a while back.:( I prefer not to use dunpops I've never had any luck with dunlop on any bike I've had.:eek: Well damn I guess I'll keep an eye on a friends he reshoed with a set of E3's maybe they've changed since I tore up a set last.:p:cool:
Kentmotorsports.com in New Braunsfels has them listed. You might give them a call or check the website. Hope you find 'em.:)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I'm gonna call now. Appreciate the information.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
if you just put a set of tires on last fall ( 2010 )why would you want to buy another set just to dryrot sitting in the garage? what will you do to keep the rubber plyable for the next two to three years while you wear out the tires you just had installed

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello Gang, Just put on a set of AVONS front and rear and so far love um!!
They ride quite even my wife says they are a lot less noisy. Hope I get good milage with them. The rear is real quite.
mayhaw005

·
Registered
4 Posts
89GL - I bought a 2000 GL1500 and a set of Michelin Pilot GT's at the end of 09. I needed to put the front tire on right away. I finally got around to putting the back tire on last weekend. What tire pressures did you normally run?

·
Registered
12 Posts
89GL - I bought a 2000 GL1500 and a set of Michelin Pilot GT's at the end of 09. I needed to put the front tire on right away. I finally got around to putting the back tire on last weekend. What tire pressures did you normally run?
Hello , I normally run about 42 back and 40 lbs in the front\Love my
new Avon tires on my BMW.
mayhaw005

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya don't go by the sticker in your trunk they'll wear prematurely and you'll have issues with cupping. I run 45 rear and 42 front with 26 in my shock empty or 37 loaded with the wife. Michelin stopped production on the pilot gt for the wing unfortunately sure did like the tire.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello 89GL, I also Have an 98 Goldwing that I ride with my Wife
and I run 42 Front and Rear when riding double and Loaded on a trip.
Haven't had a problem with cupping on these Avons as of yet. I have 2000
miles on them now and so far I love them. They hang in there when it's
wet and in the twisties. Take Care and ride safe!!
Mayhaw005

1 - 9 of 9 Posts