Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running the Michelin Commander II on a Wing? Double the milage? How do they handle? Michelin makes a first class tire and I prefer them on my truck and cars but can't find any feed back about the bike tires.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
hello datarider, welcome to GWOF. looks like you'll be the first to do a writeup on the michelin tires, i'm still using dunlop e3's

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm using Michelin CommanderII on my 85 Aspy. Only had them a couple of k but they handle better than the Elite II I had and are smoother. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. One of our mags is testing thoes tires. When they do an up date, I will let you know. Eric

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forget it

For Get it kids. Seems Michelin like Dunlop are only interested in producing tires with longer tire life for HD bikes. I wonder if we could put some presure on Honda to put some presure on the tire makers to make a tire that lasts a season?

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Michelin doesn't make them in the size of an 1800 radial. HD probably did one of their 'protectionist' gripes to prevent Michelin from making them for other brand bikes. Not like they've never whined to the gov't before about the "unfairness" of offshore competition.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm using Michelin CommanderII on my 85 Aspy. Only had them a couple of k but they handle better than the Elite II I had and are smoother. Hope this helps.
I have a 96 Aspy, will it work on my front?

also, I am confused, you are using the michelin commander11 on yours, and the other guys are saying Michelin don't make one to fit the wing. What is what?

thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a 96 Aspy, will it work on my front?

also, I am confused, you are using the michelin commander11 on yours, and the other guys are saying Michelin don't make one to fit the wing. What is what?

thanks
They don't make them for an 1800. Not sure about other versions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Michelin Commander II on my 1500 SE. It's better than the G701 in wet conditions. Cornering is different, the tire falls into the corner.
Sorry for my English, I am a Dutchmen.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm running the Commander II front tire on my 1800 and yes it is the correct size,I have the HD branded Dunflop 180/65/16 on the rear also,the dealer I use is a HD/Honda dealership. Both Stones were replaced under warranty and I always wanted to try a bias ply tires to see if I could do better then 10,000 miles before I hit the wear bars,I can't tell any difference good or bad in handling after 2500 miles. I plan to try the Commander II on the rear when the time comes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.