Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone rode their gold wing to central Mexico?? I did it in a suv and would love to ride my gold wing through the area. Any information or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Welcome rbpilot. About 25 years ago one of my buddies and his wife rode to Mexico and back, not sure exactly where they went while there though. 1100 Aspy was their scoot.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
I don't think we will get to Mexico but would like to give you a welcome to the forum from Dowm Under. Jump onto the new members so others can welcome you. Eric

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
With the issues they are having on the border, I don't think I'll be visiting there anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Surely, you can't be serious!

(All together: "I am serious, and don't call me Shirley!" Airplane)

I've visited Mexico as well as worked there in the past, and I would no more travel there now than I'd tie a pork chop around my neck and attempt to break up a dogfight!:eek:

Average/normal Mexican people are great; warmest and kindest folks you'll ever meet. They're just caught in the middle of a narco-war.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
My son is stationed on the U.S./Mexican border near Juarez. They are under strict orders not to cross the border. Way too dangerous. I might visit Cancun on a Cruise ship but thats it.....

G

·
Me like very much Playa del Carmen. I spent a lot of time there and still not enough. I almost bought a lot to build a house. Airliners put an end to it. Within the city crime is low, but I adventured myself out to drive to Chitz chitz nitza . I drove on major highway and we were the only ones there for most of the trip When it came to final toll I learned why. In the way back I wanted to see the villages so we took secondary roads. Never seen poverty like that . Poverty spells danger! I wouldn't ride a wing there. Perception of you being rich will put you in danger.

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
Welcome to the forum and I hope someone who has been down that way will be able to answer your questions. I'm not sure the perception is as bad as reality, but I personally wouldn't go down there. It's just like growing up in Detroit. A lot of bad stuff went on back when I lived there but I never saw any of it.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Living here in Texas we see periodic news reports of the crimes going on along the boarder and you could not get me to drive a Sherman tank into Mexico. They will kill you just for the fun of it as initiations into their cartels. Travel to Mexico is NOT advised and I think that riding a wing down there would just invite trouble.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts