Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 2012 'wing and need to remove the meter panel, or whatever the thing that goes around the ignition switch, speakers, and stuff. Someone in the local GWRRA club said to simply pull up on the area near the ignition key and then slid it back. Well, when I try to lift up, nothing happens. I have pulled on it to the point of fear of breaking it and nothing comes loose. Then, the 2010 supplement says to release the tabs near the meter housing. Again, easier said then done. Does anyone know the trick? Does the cover just slide over the seat/grip heat controls? Are there screws that need released? Thanks for the help,

Jeff

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured it out...

Finally figured out where to pull on the meter panel to get it off... and the heated seat/grip controls come away WITH the panel. Thanks all:D

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
A hearty self-congratulation. I wondered if the 2012 model was any different in regards to the meter panel removal.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I hope you didn't just start experimenting without the use of a shop manual!:eek: It's just tuperware, but along with that $$ plastic, as you noticed there's also $$ wiring harnesses etc tied in with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts