Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are planning to ride to Memphis TN this September. She a huge Elvis fan and she wants to see Graceland. I am looking for any ideas of what else we can do and see in the Memphis area. Also I would be interested in any restaurants that might be interesting to eat at.

·
Registered
691 Posts
abc
You will love it. In Memphis try thr BBQ pulled pork. I did a few years ago and finally masterd the dry rub and sauce. In fact did a Boston Butt today. It is so tender I don't need my teeth to eat it.
Graceland is a good visit. Great tour. Lots to see across the street. Go to Beal street and enjoy the jaz.

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
If you anywhere near Wythville, VA there is a place called the log cabin resturant that has a different flair to it and different stuff on the menu. Also if your near Knoxville make sure you do the "tail of the dragon". 318 turns in 11 miles up a mountain. Great ride..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Memphis has exellent BBQ

Try Interstate BBQ they have a BBQ spagetti you will kill for. Directions: I55 from arkansas into tennesee go a couple of miles and you will see third street but you cant get off in the right direction, pass exit and get off on next exit and come back,to third, Turn right away from the river and BBQ place will be down on your left... I work in Memphis and they use the drippings to make the sauce....Its good...ohh and Graceland is right on down 55 a little ways...dont go there at night its not real safe...Graceland neighborhood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts