Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This coming Sunday I am heading out for my 13th Iron Butt Ride. I signed up for it a couple of weeks ago, it is the annual Memorial Day Ride. You can do any ride, and any route you wish, you just have to be riding for one minute on Memorial Day. I will be leaving at about 8:00 AM on Sunday. Should be home sometime after midnight Monday morning.

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
As Ron said ride safely BD and enjoy

·
Administrator
15,289 Posts
Good luck and ride smart.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Ride safe and have fun.

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
is there a memorial day cert for this ride

Reactions: BigDaddy

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
Guess this means mission accomplished since you are posting????

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Reckon so. FB rumor says he slept in Monday :wink2:

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guess this means mission accomplished since you are posting????
Yep! Went well, almost perfect weather, had a few sprinkles just before my urn around point in Kearney NE. Left home at about 7:45 in the morning, and got my last receipt at 2:22 the next morning. Odometer miles were 1120, and Garmin said 1075. Max speed was 80, over all average of 57 mph. Total time 18:46, moving time 15:58, stopped time 2:47. The highlight of my trip was when I stopped at the Freedom Rock in Menlo, the artist was there. He repaints this one rock every year for Memorial Day. It was packed, lots of veterans there, and he was busy with them, so I didn't get the chance to shake his hand, so I took some photos, bought a sticker, and hit the road again. Will post up some pictures in a bit.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are trying something new for Premier members now. You don't have to get your witnesses at the beginning and end of your ride. You just have to take a photo of your gas receipt next to your odometer, and email it to them. So I took a picture at every stop just to make sure I documented everything.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
And here are the documents I need to send in. I still did the witness forms even tho they are not needed. Can never be too careful.

·
Administrator
15,289 Posts
Very cool and glad it all went smooth.

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
Love the Rock at Menlo. Just out in the middle of no where and so profound by itself.

This was the paintings when we were there in '15

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts