Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's set up a ride to Lano TX for BBQ at Coopers. I consider myself an expert in BBQ but I have never cooked ant better than they do at Coopers. Let's pick a date and meet there. How about May 19th?

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
Can't make the ride too far for me.:(
But you are right on about Coopers. Really good.:)
Hope it works out for you guys.:)

·
Banned
3,120 Posts
Let's set up a ride to Lano TX for BBQ at Coopers. I consider myself an expert in BBQ but I have never cooked ant better than they do at Coopers. Let's pick a date and meet there. How about May 19th?
I ate at Coopers when I was on my 5,000 mile ride from Seattle to Mission Texas and back.

I also had some tex mex in Del Rio that was pretty good too.

And eating at the John Madden bar in Van Horn on Monday Night with the Dallas Cowboys playing the Eagles was a blast. The game was broadcast in Spanish and all of the patrons in the bar were Mexican/Americans cheering on the Cowboys. I thought I was in a foreign country, right in the middle of Texas.

This is the Texas Goldwing Owners Forum.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I'm up here north of Dallas, so I'm about 5 hours from Llano by bike. Are you planning a dinner or supper?

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
Rode thru Llano last weekend on way back from Fredericksburg. About a 7 hour ride from Tyler for me. A bit far for lunch or dinner. Perhaps Issac aka Dreamweaver might join you as he lives in that area. The last I heard he was in Colorado and was headed back soon.

·
Administrator
25,937 Posts
I've been known to go the long mile for a good steak, but that's a tad out there.:rolleyes: I'm sure with all the representation on here from the Lone Star State, you'll get some takers.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lunch time. About 12:00 noon.
Budoka, They bbq the best prime rib you have ever tasted.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
I like the idea but timing is bad for me. Ch M has lunch rides for the 5th (probably a Mex place), the 12th to the Koffe Kup in Hico, and the 19th to an undisclosed lunch in Wichita Falls. You're all invited.

I have no doubt there are more on the forum, but off hand I can think of five us within a dayride...Waco, Allen, Mansfield, Troup, and GP. How about some place near the middle, say Corsicana or Ennis.

My days off currently are Fri-Sat and I'm up at 5AM for work on Sunday, so a lunch ride on Saturday is my limit unless you want to make a Friday with weekday traffic.

But I do like the idea.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Here's another thought. It'll take a while to complete, but might be fun.

I haven't done much riding in any of your areas, but I've only been on a touring bike for a few years. I'd be interested in your favorite rides/eats in your locale. Maybe the rest of you have covered all five of our areas (well, four areas. Bevman and I are almost neighbors). But most of my riding has been south and west of the Metroplex.

How about we each host a ride? I know some good roads and cafes south of the metroplex. Will, you probably have better knowledge of the north. Dan has probably seen more of East Texas than any of us. My only ride around Waco was to the Health Farm on the circle. Maybe we'll each see places we haven't been before.

Of course the hard part will be coordinating suitable dates, but it seems worth considering.

Ride safe, Randy

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
I am back in Texas for a couple of days on business but headed back to Colorado soon. I don't know if I will be back by the 19th or not but if I am, I will try to link up with you in Llano at Coopers. Just keep us posted if you change the date or something and maybe we can invade and take over Coopers. Do tell everyone to bring along some extra money as Coopers is rather "high priced". AND..since the 19th is on a Saturday, be prepared for a lengthy wait because that place is always packed on the weekend. On the weekends, it takes at least an hour to get into the place. Later....Isaac
By the way, if you have a CB, tell us what channel you plan to be on. We usually run on Ch 1 or Ch 22 around here. Wish we could all figure out and standardize this somehow. I meet lots of people with CB's but can't find them to say Howdy. Frustrating .....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts