Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome to the forum and where are you located so we can help.

·
Super Moderator
12,265 Posts
If it's not SPAM, it's Gainesville, Florida.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is Jeff Marrero and it is not spam. My 1998 has carburetors that need help. I’m smelling gas so I’m thinking the floats are sticking and causing the gassey smell.

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Many dealers will not work on bikes older than ten years, which for Honda products can be a real problem for many years unless you can do your own wrenching.

·
Registered
2021 dct tour
132 Posts
It's time for the carbs to come off tear them down and take jets out .... Gas now has a lot of corrosives and eats away at them. the floats also just get a rebuild kit pull the carbs out and just go through it throw them back on

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's time for the carbs to come off tear them down and take jets out .... Gas now has a lot of corrosives and eats away at them. the floats also just get a rebuild kit pull the carbs out and just go through it throw them back on
If I knew how. I need a mechanic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Done in Umatilla is Mikes Motorcycles. Kentucky (yes that's his name) is probably the best goldwing mechanic around. He does carbs and he does them well. 352-702-6895. Text is best. His wife Amanda is the one that normally responds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts